Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimber revolvers ?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Kimber revolvers ?

I was looking at the Kimber revolvers and they "look" well made. But I'm unfamiliar with Kimber and quality being as one.

Anyone have one with decent round count? I'm not in the market to buy one, just curious at this point.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I wonder how they will make a wheel gun malf. If anyone can.... KIMBER can!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I wonder how they will make a wheel gun malf. If anyone can.... KIMBER can!
    Effing Kimber , but their ADS are amazing!! , None better anywhere!

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Actually, the Kimber K6S is fantastic. The trigger is everything I heard it is and the accuracy is surprisingly good for a 2 inch snub nose. I got one for carry use and decided to test it in a local IDPA match. I sucked at the reloads (used K frame speed loaders, not the proper Colt D speed loaders) so I placed poorly overall. The good news is I took first place in Revolver division (there were only three revolver shooters) and tied for most accurate overall with only 5 points down for the entire match. Which was surprising for a lot of auto loader shooters with full sized guns.
    Match video here.
    Last edited by mlazarus5388; 07-18-18 at 23:32.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mlazarus5388 View Post
    Actually, the Kimber K6S is fantastic. The trigger is everything I heard it is and the accuracy is surprisingly good for a 2 inch snub nose. I got one for carry use and decided to test it in a local IDPA match. I sucked at the reloads (used K frame speed loaders, not the proper Colt D speed loaders) so I placed poorly overall. The good news is I took first place in Revolver division (there were only three revolver shooters) and tied for most accurate overall with only 5 points down for the entire match. Which was surprising for a lot of auto loader shooters with full sized guns.
    Match video here.
    That's pretty ballin with a snubbie. And great soundtrack!

Feedback Score

Thanks. The trigger makes it doable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrider View Post
    Kids now days with their Glocks. When I first became a LEO back in the mid 80’s, that was SSDD with revolvers. We’d run an advanced qualification course like that. It’s a lost art form.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Kids now days with their Glocks. When I first became a LEO back in the mid 80’s, that was SSDD with revolvers. We’d run an advanced qualification course like that. It’s a lost art form.
    Right on! One of my FTO was the last revolver man in my agency and some nearby agencies still used revolvers. But that was not the mid-80s...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I still have one old timer at the range that was an LEO revolver instructor back in the day. I need to get my wheel gun down there and have him school me up.

I won a Kimber revolver last year. I only have about 300 rounds of .38sp through it, but it's been great so far.

Feedback Score
    I liked the 2 inch model enough to grab a 3 inch model. I think they are that nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast