Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kimber revolvers ?

Feedback Score
    I’ve got the 2” DC model. Time will tell for all of us how well they hold up, but my “old gut” feeling, seeing the very obvious quality of the K6, is that we have nothing to worry about.
    The DLC coating on the DC model, plus the EXCELLENT, dovetailed night sights, and the absolutely superb trigger, really won me over. And that’s from a 1911 enthusiast who’s never owned a Kimber. Just didn’t want one, but this Kimber revolver is a winner. (Did I mention that trigger?)
    Skip

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mlazarus5388 View Post
    Right on! One of my FTO was the last revolver man in my agency and some nearby agencies still used revolvers. But that was not the mid-80s...
    Our last wheel gun guy caved in around 1996. When he finally switched to a 1911, he could still reload his 686 faster than the average patrolman could switch out a magazine. Yes, he practiced every day.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Kids now days with their Glocks. When I first became a LEO back in the mid 80’s, that was SSDD with revolvers. We’d run an advanced qualification course like that. It’s a lost art form.
    Agreed. I'm not LEO but I know what you mean. I shot revolver division in USPSA for awhile and the comments I got when I'd tell some of the others to give it a try makes your point. The best thing I heard was a younger dude that was a legit high B class shooter complain "I got beat by a revolver!"

When you get the DA trigger down it actually becomes preferable. To me it seems I have more time to cleanup my sight picture while going through the trigger stroke. That statement sounds like it's a slow process but we know it's not. When you discuss this with those who have probably never shot anything but a polymer semi auto they look at you like you have a horn growing out of your head. They have not a clue or they just think you're insane. Or both...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12