G&R Tactical
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: one sbr to rule them all?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Suppressing shorties is totally worth it!
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    There are two kinds of nations in the world -- those that use Metric and those who have walked on the moon.
    http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interested in this conversation as well.

Plan to Form 1 a lower soon. Seekins SBA15 or Aero M4E1 and do my 1st SBR build. 1st full build, closest otherwise has been a Larue UU kit. Plan to go with a 11.5” build to be used suppressed and unsuppressed.

Complete 11.5” uppers seem expensive relative to current prices on components. Considered KAC but the fact that I can get a full SR-15 for several hundred bucks less than an 11.5” upper doesn’t make any sense.

Barrel and handguard are my two biggest unknowns. Any input here? Would like a thin, reasonably priced but quality handguard that takes advantage of the space around the 11.5” barrel. Had a URX 4 on an SR-15 that I liked quite a bit but not sure it’s worth the premium. Mlok, mlok, mlok.

Planning on going with a Toolcraft NiB BCG, and likely an SLR Adjustable gas block. Have time since the Form 1 isn’t even in the oven yet and prefer to shop sales.

OP - figured this conversation is related to your post but let me know if you’d like me to start a new thread.
    Last edited by Sierra; 07-08-18 at 20:24.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    If going with a 556 sbr i would suggest 12.5in over 11.5 due to the velocity and dwell pick up you get. Hard to beat a properly ported 12.5 carbine sbr.

With that said however, I am currently working on surpassing the perfection of a 12.5in carbine sbr with a proof of concept of my perfect sbr. It started life as a criterion midlength barrel blank, cut down to 12.5. It was machined to accept a front sight block (love a fsb) and had its gas port opened ever so slightly for 100% suppressed usage. It will get a centurion arms mid length fsp cutout c4 rail and be run on my sionics sbr lower with a5 buffer system. I believe mid length gas systems handle supressors better and beat up on the system less and by having it be a dedicated suppressed upper the gas port was opened up incrementally to give me perfect ejection at 3 o'clock and 100% last round lock back with my surefire mini.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I love my 11.5 SR-15's!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Suppressing shorties is totally worth it!
    Agreed!

Feedback Score
    I don't have one but I have heard good things about the CZ 805. You can get one in a pistol configuration and wait for your stamp. Just something to consider since you mentioned the SCAR.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Doc Williams
    U.S. Army Combat Medic/Flight Medic Retired
    1987 - 2013
    Flight Medic Class 4-95

http://www.dustoff.org/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    KAC''s SR30 DSR will be my end all, do all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234