Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: one sbr to rule them all?

Feedback Score

one sbr to rule them all?

Due to recent events and the fact I am finishing my MBA I have decided to leave commiefornia and join the free states of America and I have a potential position in Florida within the next 3 months. With all that being said I want an SBR with the intention of suppressing for HD and training pruposes (im excited to use a non commie carbine). So I am wanting some ideas on what a good option would be I was thinking KAC 11.5 cqb or B&T APC223 along those lines what say you?
    Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not that collapsible pistol braces are viable , I see no benefits to a SBR anymore.

Feedback Score
    Fair enough we cant even have those in CA as long as the utility is not affected that would be a reasonable choice although I do not believe KAC makes pistols
    Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'd work off of a Sionics RGP barrel and build the upper with hand picked everything.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    call me lazy but currently i would rather just find a carbine that fits my parameters instead of piecing something together (ive done many). The idea i have is something in the 10.5-11.5 that will run primarily with or without a can and just plain out run. I was even thinking SBR a scar but the B&T apc looks mighty tempting (i know its an 8.7" barrel) and the APC9 or GHM9 would be awesome for the lady.
    Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Hard to think of many options with decent gassing. That Colt 10.3" Monolithic upper/gun is Amazing. Pappabear has one, and it runs beautifully suppressed and not suppressed.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What're the advantages of an SBR over a bullpup? Trying to understand why people bother with SBRs when there are so many disadvantages.

Feedback Score
    i dont have a ton of time with bulpup but the few i do they werent my cup of tea. Colt makes good stuff Ill look more into their 10.3.
    Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mysak View Post
    i dont have a ton of time with bulpup but the few i do they werent my cup of tea. Colt makes good stuff Ill look more into their 10.3.
    Yeah. A local gun store here had the complete uppers. We were blown away at how great they are gassed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have been very happy with the Colt 6933.

Take a 6933 fresh out of the box-

- rearrange the furniture a little bit-

- spruce it up a bit with some paint, an optic and a weapon light. Then, add a suppressor to give it that homey touch.

Voila'!

I didn't see any 6933s on the G&R website, but Arms Unlimited has them in stock.
    https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-M...e-p/le6933.htm

If you don't feel like waiting for an SBR to be transferred to your LGS and once more while your tax stamp is approved, there is a shortcut.

Order a Colt lower and SBA3 arm brace from Brownell's and a 6933 upper from someone on Gunbroker. Install the brace on the lower, then the 6933 upper and go shoot while waiting for your tax stamp. Again, VOILA'!
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast