Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 SS 5R-MILSPEC

Feedback Score

Remington 700 SS 5R-MILSPEC

Guys, owning several handguns, shotguns, and a couple of AR's, I am looking to round out my collection with a precision bolt gun. I was about to purchase a Remington 700P when I learned I could get a Remington 700 SS 5R-MIL SPEC. I hadn't heard of this gun before, but it sounds really appealing. I had been considering a Tactical Rifles M40, but I've overspent my toy budget lately. I'm only really looking at .308, for a number of reasons. If any of you have knowledge and opinions about the 5R Mil Spec, I'd be interested in hearing them.
    Jim

Feedback Score
    I bought mine used with a few hundred rounds through it and I'm very happy with it. The trigger is tuned to 2.5lbs and it's like butter. Shoots sub-MOA with 168gr. FGMM, which is all I've put through it so far. I'm not sure it's any more accurate than an LTR or 700P. But it's a lot less common so if you like something a little different it might be for you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are these available through a Remington LE dealer?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You can get them at a number of retail places. I saw one recently available here, though I don't know if they still have them in stock:

Rem 700 SS 5R Milspec at Sniper Country PX
    Last edited by maximus83; 10-27-08 at 02:16.

Feedback Score
    There's usually one or two available in the for sale forums on Snipers Hide.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My Remingtons are older - what is the "X-Mark" trigger? Has Remington redesigned their trigger?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Yes they did. I replaced mine with a Timney, and promptly threw the x-mark pro away. The trash is were it belongs, in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    I do have the factory trigger on mine and it's great. Not sure if it's the old or new Rem trigger (rifle is a couple years old). But as I mentioned earlier it has been adjusted down to 2.5lbs, plus it has a few hundred rounds on it so the usage may have helped smooth it out.

Feedback Score

Smile

I've got one ordered. $1165.00 CAD. With our current $, I suspect that's an OK price.

Feedback Score
    I just picked up my new rifle,(don't tell my wife!). I love it ! Haven't shot it.......... no bipod..............no scope................but it feels great! The trigger feels quite good. It's crisp, light, and with absolutely no overtravel. I wouldn'tdream of changing it at this point. I had been wanting to share optics with my LMT MRP,...I don't know if I can do that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast