Thread: Haley Strategic D3CRM/ Velocity Systems LE review

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    12 (93%)

Haley Strategic D3CRM/ Velocity Systems LE review

So I just got my received my Velocity Systems (Mayflower) LV plate carrier as well as my Haley Strategic D3CRM chest rig.

First of all, the D3CRM is minimalistic which is perfect for me. Everything you basically need in a small, comfortable, compact- light weight unit. This particular chest rig holds 3 AR magazines in retention clips, 2 small pistol mags in built in pouch on both sides with elastic retention cords and attaches to the Mayflower LE plate carrier using Swift clip system. A single zipper pouch allows access to a multi tool, trauma kit, GPS etc. I have a multitool on one side and a Garmin hand held GPS on the other as well as band aids, scissors and a Sharpie pen. I carry a Surefire flashlight in one of the side pistol mag pouches and the other I carry a cigar tube filled with batteries. The Velocity LE plate carrier is 100% for me because its light weight, simple design and uses elastic cummerbunds that makes it quite comfortable to wear. Both the Mayflower plate carrier and D3 chest rig are held together using Velcro as well as the Swift clip system. No bouncing around or shifting when in motion.

One thing I like about the Mayflower LE plate carrier is that it covers basically my entire chest and lower torso giving me enough protection to vital organs yet leaving me plenty of mobility. I have tired many different manufactures including LBT, CRYE, Eagle and FOX and have found that if you want a minimalistic system that allows you the ability to move in and out of a vehicle, run, climb fences, and move freely yet having protection at the same time this rig might be worth looking into.

You might feel that 3 magazines and only 1 pouch may be a drawback but this rig is made for speed and is adaptable to any mission. Haley Strategic also offers a few add-on modular accessories to increase the capabilities like expansion pouches that fasten between 2 Velcro panels and hangar pouches than can be a trauma kit, accessory pouch or anything you can think of. I am a pretty good inspector for quality and I can say that these are great quality products, Im not saying that they are better than other brands but they have what you would excpect in a reliable system.

I think I have less than $230 invested and I am using a ceramic IIIA plate and my total weight including 3 loaded AR mags and contents in front pouch is around 8 pounds. If your looking for something that is light weight, rugged, compact and comfortable, I would look into these.

Chest Rig:
    https://www.haleystrategic.com/equip...strig-MultiCam

Plate Carrier:
    https://www.velsyst.com/low-vis-carrier.html

Attachment 52657

Attachment 52658

Attachment 52659

Overall, takes up very little real estate, gives you plenty of mobility and flexibility. I chose black because it goes well with most of my outfits and matches in interior of my car and it doenst stand out. I found out today that I can exchange my pistol mag and replace with my KAC suppressor and fits perfectly.
    Last edited by elephant; 07-01-18 at 16:57.