Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best 300BLK Barrel That Is Short/Light Sub 2MOA?

Feedback Score
    I am shooting a 9" BCM barrel and can add that's it's nominal dry weight is 15 ounces.

As to it's precision, under 2 MOA is usually the case @ 100 yards. This is very ammunition dependent.

Best shooting ammunition has been handloads with Hornady 110 grain V-max bullets and Winchester 296 powder. Velocity is 2,200 ft/secs from this 9" barrel.

During load development I was able to get this sort of accuracy with match bullets:

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    Thanks - care to share your buffer/spring/gas tube recipe? What's the gas port on your BCM 9 CL? Weight of barrel?
    Do not know the gas port size, but BCM makes them to shoot the full gamut of 300BLK ammo, from subs to supers. Supposedly the buffer weight is what controls the proper function according to their website. Standard carbine buffer and spring for subs, H3 buffer and carbine spring for supers.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    +1 the BA. I have a BA Hanson that’s a fine barrel. But then again they all are.

I think with the 9” barrel you burn most of your powder, but I’m running an 8.3 and @100yd w/ subs I am really very pleased. Not sure if your timeframe but can get some groups next weekend to show you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    +1 the BA. I have a BA Hanson that’s a fine barrel. But then again they all are.

I think with the 9” barrel you burn most of your powder, but I’m running an 8.3 and @100yd w/ subs I am really very pleased. Not sure if your timeframe but can get some groups next weekend to show you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am not in a huge hurry. In research mode right now. It is looking like the BCM 9 inch is what I am looking for as it's 15oz and reports of sub moa accuracy so checks all the boxes.

Feedback Score
    My brother has a 10.3 Daniel Defense barrel he likes real well. I think it is about 18oz in 1/8 twist. He uses an H2 buffer.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I am more concerned about twist than anything else with 300 under 9". On my pdw I went with a custom X-Caliber 7" Barrel with a 1:6 Twist 6 Groove. Its sub moa. The current Q Honey Badger is 1:5.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Make sure whatever you get is pistol gas.

Feedback Score
    Psa uses FN barrels. As far as i know bcm also uses them, psa is just cheaper due to the close proximity to FN.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'll check back on this thread later.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    OK - I posted a bunch of pics of my BCM barrel but those vanished during the M4carbine site outage last week.

Should I post a separate review?

Barrel Weight was 14.9 oz / 262 grams
    it arrived with red netting and a black muzzle cap. However, the barrel had numerous dings and snail trails all over it. One small ding on the outside/ end of muzzle.
    Almost looked used but from the inside and chamber I could tell it was not.
    The M4 feedramps are an "enhanced" version. They are lowered by a couple thous and wider than normal M4 ramps as compared to an FN/Spikes and a Larue barrel I have.

I installed a Master Of Arms Titanium adjustable gas block which by the way are amazingly beautifully machined and only 18 grams
    adjustment is a bit of a pain on this as it does not have any clicks and relies on a set screw

never having shot 300blkout before, but familiar with 30-06 I was prepared for a bit more kick. It was not bad but considerably more than my 11.5 / 556 with Ti/AL bcg/AR10 spring
    I was using 123gr supers by S/B. With A2 muzzle device. No discernible flash and not much more boom than my 11.5 - maybe less?
    Sighted in with my Leupold 1-6 MultiGun CMR green dot which was almost the same size as the complete upper. Hilarious.

Next I'll shoot for groups and tune this for a 5.9 oz aluminum bcg and see if I can't get the recoil impulse down while still being able to cycle subs and supers. That could be challenging...

If anyone has a line on subsonics that group well and cost less than .50 / round LMK

I should have my dies by end of next week but don't have any projectiles other than some 150gr Hornady softpoints

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12