Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redo my S&W Sport or build

Feedback Score
    Ok,thanks guys I think I'll move on to a group doesn't berate you for asking questions that are apparently pissing you guys off,hopefully all newbies are treated the same.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SPRDon View Post
    Ok,I heard a lot about accuracy being dependent on the barrel, trigger and scope,not so much the lower for accuracy.I hear a lot lot of criticism and no suggestions no hints to get better,think I've hit the wrong group,I was expecting suggestions and tips to get better.
    556 can shoot out to 600. There is a member here who was getting reduculous accuracy at 600 with a 20” barrel.
    With match ammo your gun will likely be capable of 1.5moa or better. Using a 556 at that range will teach you to read wind, etc.

If you want to get better, post in the training section what tour skills are now and we will help. Honestly, do you have a lot of AR experience? Overall firearms experience? Thick skin does help here, but if you stick around, there is a wealth of info. If not, good luck in your endeavors.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 07-01-18 at 21:45.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have a S&W Sport II with only about 50 rounds through it,got the 6.5 grendel bug,should I buy or build a 6.5 upper or build a whole new rifle,obviously the first option gives me 2 calibers by changing upper,so what do you guys think,thanks
    You need to lighten up a little bit and look at the context here. You join up, post that you bought one of the cheapest production rifles available, and currently have 50rds through it. Basically you're new in every possible way, and that's fine, everyone is new at some point.
    I remember when I was new on this site, and others, I mostly just read. Did a lot of searching and only posted occasionally.

In direct response to your question: if you really want to try 6.5 then try it however best suits you. If you get an upper then if you decide down the road you dont like it, you can sell it like any other part. If you do a complete rifle and decide you don't like it, now you have a firearm. you could separate the upper and lower or keep it together.

Me personally, I'd buy another rifle all together so I could put a different trigger in it, different stock, and grip. The S&W sport I'd just keep bare bones, take some carbine classes with it and keep the roles separate.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Yeah I would buy/build a new upper and pop it on your current Sport lower.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    The M&P SporterII is a pretty good rifle. I would change the trigger for sure. IIRC the hammer is a MIM piece. Their barrel is pretty damned good and will last a long time.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Ok,thanks guys I think I'll move on to a group doesn't berate you for asking questions that are apparently pissing you guys off,hopefully all newbies are treated the same.
    Are you trolling or for real?
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12