Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fnx 9

Feedback Score

Fnx 9

I found an FNX9 at a local pawnshop in practically new condition with three mags and they are asking 450 for it, what I was wondering is if it is worth it and are mags still available for it or if it uses FNS or 509 mags

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    9mm FNX and FNS mags are different and do not interchange. For some reason the 40 mags do but not the 9. If you want one go for it. The FNS prices have come down some since the 500 came out. I haven’t seen the FNX prices drop that much. The LE price of the FNX has always about been about 100 over the FNS.

I got rid of my FNX 9 because the base of the safety lever rubbed the bottom knuckle of my thumb. I ended up with a FNS. David.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    9mm FNX and FNS mags are different and do not interchange. For some reason the 40 mags do but not the 9. If you want one go for it. The FNS prices have come down some since the 500 came out. I haven’t seen the FNX prices drop that much. The LE price of the FNX has always about been about 100 over the FNS.

I got rid of my FNX 9 because the base of the safety lever rubbed the bottom knuckle of my thumb. I ended up with a FNS. David.

got it. maybe ill just by the 509, but man that trigger on the fnx in single action was freakin sweet

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I like the FN 509 a lot.
    John
    aka LONGSHOT2000

Disclosure:
    Part-Owner of Charlies Custom Clones
    Avid firearms enthusiast and 2A Constitutionalist
    and agitator of the left and the FAKE NEWS
    Scope Slut and Barrel Nerd

Instagram
    twitter
    youtube
    facebook

Feedback Score
    Do some googling around from various places regarding magazines. Or, check with FN directly.

Either way, the FNX-9 is a great handgun. I had a chance to run one a few times and really enjoyed it. Extremely accurate. Great controls. Easy to shoot well. DA had very little stacking and was smooth all the way through on a largely new, stock gun. The SA was less crisp and longer to reset than a Sig P-series with the SRT sear installed, but then again, a Sig P-series with SRT is kind of a best-in-class DA/SA, so you're talking about if it is as good as the champ... Either way, the SA was good, and it managed the chief goal of a trigger: getting out of my way so that I can shoot good groups / shoot fast / get good hits etc.

Feedback Score
    I think im gonna pick it up!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    for those who have shot the 509 and the FNX, I am curious about your observations and comparisons. Any caliber. I am a 9mm guy.
    John
    aka LONGSHOT2000

Disclosure:
    Part-Owner of Charlies Custom Clones
    Avid firearms enthusiast and 2A Constitutionalist
    and agitator of the left and the FAKE NEWS
    Scope Slut and Barrel Nerd

Instagram
    twitter
    youtube
    facebook

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Let’s stick to the OP.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The FNX has always intrigued me. OTB the DA is SUPER smooth albeit a bit heavy, and the SA seems livable and decent. They are VERY lightweight, and ambi. While they are likely very good and well made guns, they are seemingly complex and might be less durable than other designs. I have read of thumb levers breaking, and you don'r read about folks being able to lighten the DA pull - although some expert smiths work on them. I guess the biggest downside is mag price and accessories. And now that striker mania is fully loose, harder for DA/SA guns, even though great, to gain traction.

Woud love to hear more, and really need to rent one of these.

I ended up in SP 2022 and CZ P land for plastic DA/SA - one is rugged and needs no trigger work, and the other does, but has plenty available support.

Feedback Score
    I have an FNS-9 (which is pretty much the 509), and have a lot of experience with the FNX-45.

Bottom line, the FNX is a fine pistol, and will well suit you for most things. My only drawback is that the grip is just a bit long for really easy concealment. I can do it with my FNS (which is basically the same size), but much prefer my P-07 (15 rounds instead of 17). Just that hair shorter grip made a big difference.

FN gets a lot of hate for their pistols. Not necessarily because they are bad pistols, but because they tend to go through rapid evolution of the designs and then abandon previous models. An example would be the FNP series, which was redesigned to become the FNX. Not much is compatible between the two, even though they seem very similar in design. I'm actually concerned now that my FNS will suffer the same fate now that the 509 is around.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast