Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone can offer insight or tips on this. I was part of the OPM hack a few years ago, so it was only a matter of time, I suppose.

I received alerts over the weekend of activity on my credit reports. I noticed three inquiries in rapid succession, all from what appear to be Pay Day loan companies. Nobody was open to answer the phones on Sunday, so I had to wait to this morning. Upon talking to them, it appears that all applications were done online and were rejected (thankfully) due to "questionable info".

Upon talking to the third agency, I found out that whoever did this also turned in a pay stub with my name and SSN on it. That takes me down a whole new rabbit hole with the IRS and Social Security Administrations.

Here's what I've done so far:

- Fraud alert/freeze with all three credit bureaus
- Reported incident to local LE, including the employer of "fake me," the person at the third loan agency has a lot more information to share when she is contacted
- Trying to pull employment history from social security admin to see if this is recent or ongoing
- Informing IRS of possible fraudulent income reporting

Is there anything else you guys might suggest? It seems I caught this early enough that I might be able to squash it before it snowballed.

I don't count myself as a judgmental person, but the employer of "fake me" turns out to be a company that helps felons find employment as they re-integrate.