Thread: AimPoint T2 mount?

Feedback Score

AimPoint T2 mount?

Basic question coming but really appreciate the help. I have an American Defense Aimpoint QD Mount on a BCM pistol AR but haven't bought the AimPoint yet. I see them priced with and without mount. Example Optics Planet has the Aimpoint T2 priced at $766 without mount and $793 with mount.

Can you confirm that I don't need the mount version since I have the American Defense mount?
    How does this attach to the American Defense mount (looking at the T2 pics its hard to tell)?
    Any 4th of July deals on T2's circulating?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If you have the mount, and it's for the T2, you don't need the other for retrofitting etc. you may consider looking at the Sig Romeo 5. The Aimpoint is better but if this is not your #1 go to gun, the Romeo is awesome. They have a new version that has red dot or Eotech style circle. The range $150 to $250.

I own 5 Aimpoints, I'm not a hater.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    No, you don't need the mount on the T-2.

I purchased a T-2 without a mount and put it on an ADM mount as well.

It will attach to the ADM mount the same way it attaches to the OEM mount, with 4 screws that come up from the bottom of the mount into the sight - they aren't visible from the exterior.

ETA - Decent video showing the install of a T-1 on an American Defense QD mount, but the T-2 installs the same way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSnRouwVj_4
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 07-05-18 at 00:57.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    If you already have a mount then this will save you some money:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...60#post2637560

https://www.milehighshooting.com/

The open box model comes without the mount...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    with and you get a mount. Without, and you can get the mount you want. Wilcox, Geissele, LaRue, whatever. Personally, I don't prefer the A2 mount from Aimpoint, but I am fine with the CompM mounts.
    John
    aka LONGSHOT2000

Disclosure:
    Part-Owner of Charlies Custom Clones
    Avid firearms enthusiast and 2A Constitutionalist
    and agitator of the left and the FAKE NEWS
    Scope Slut and Barrel Nerd

Instagram
    twitter
    youtube
    facebook

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I just received the LE trade-in T-2 w/DD mount and really the only wear on it is on the lense covers. I repurposed the DD mount for another AP Micro and am putting a Scalarworks LEAP Micro on the T-2. For $499, this is a great deal and if you don't want the DD mount, you can sell it and recoup some of the funds you spent.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell