G&R Tactical
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Anyone ever used these contaoiners?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    6,777
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

    Anyone ever used these contaoiners?

    ETA: I think I have decided to go with a dry bag. those blocks do look interesting though. I had never seen them. I think a dry bag is going to suit my needs better though and I know I can make that fit the space.

    I need a vertical container that can sit on the hump in the rear seat area of an SUV. Or... directly behind the armrest if sitting in front seat. However you want to look at it.

    the make several types. Foodbrick, waterbroick, ammobrick. I was wondering about the lid seal as a main priority and secondly general build quality. Like if you dropped it from 3' on it's corner loaded would the plastic break. Mainly if it stay shut that would be my #1 must have. I know each type is different but I figure the overall fit and finish must be similar.

    https://www.amazon.com/AutoBrick-Roa...rds=waterbrick
    Last edited by tb-av; 07-02-18 at 18:24.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    11
    Feedback Score
    0
    For what it's worth, friend of mine has one. Clever I guess, but not worth $30 to me.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    6,777
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by madmax_fal View Post
    For what it's worth, friend of mine has one. Clever I guess, but not worth $30 to me.
    That's sort of the conclusion I came to as well.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wakanda
    Posts
    18,406
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    I need a vertical container that can sit on the hump in the rear seat area of an SUV. Or... directly behind the armrest if sitting in front seat. However you want to look at it.

    the make several types. Foodbrick, waterbroick, ammobrick. I was wondering about the lid seal as a main priority and secondly general build quality. Like if you dropped it from 3' on it's corner loaded would the plastic break. Mainly if it stay shut that would be my #1 must have. I know each type is different but I figure the overall fit and finish must be similar.
    I'm not sure as to the size of the contents you need to store dry but I find myself utilizing Nalgene 32oz wide-mouth bottles for dry storage of a whole menagerie of articles. They are damn near indestructible and 100% waterproof.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 07-08-18 at 04:03.
    "You're living on a tax farm as free range humans . . ."

    "The Trump election will be the biggest **** YOU! ever recorded in human history and it will feel good." Michael Moore

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    702
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I'm not sure as to the size of the contents you need to store dry but I find myself utilizing Nalgene 32oz wide-mouth bottles for dry storage of a whole menagerie of articles. They are damn near indestructible and 100% waterproof.
    Have you ever had one of those "aw hell" moments? Seems so simple and yet so perfect. Thanks

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    4,310
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I read the reviews of the ammo cans other guys bought and it received great reviews. You have to fill it up with stuff you want to have in it for emergencies. But seems to be a good container. Pricey but if it gets your crank, go for it.

    PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,459
    Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    A 5 gallon bucket with a screw on lid (like chlorine stick come in) cost nothing if you know a pool guy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •