Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a new reloading press--FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I need a new reloading press--FIRST IMPRESSIONS

After 40 years, the old RCBS needs replacing. Unfortunately, RCBS presses are made in Red China and I don't want to buy one.

So: I need a new single stage press. I would prefer one with the option to attach a tubular priming unit on it.

What are y'all using? Any Redding users? If Redding is Made in USA, should I get one of them?

Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by Uni-Vibe; 07-27-18 at 17:08.

Feedback Score
    Only single stage worth considering is a Forster Co-ax. Only negative is that once you use it you will wish you got one 40 years ago.

Lots of options for dedicated priming tools. RCBS makes a decent one

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yup, 2nd the Co-Ax.

The priming on it is excellent, but its NOT fast, so a dedicated priming setup is needed if you need to prime a ton. For 100 its ok, but for 1000, no.

When I need to prime a lot of brass, I use my Dillon press just to prime.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Get the rcbs bench mounted priming tool. Good speed. Good sensitivity. Once you use it, you will never want to use your over leveraged resizing press again. Oh, by the way I use a Lee classic cast. Oversized for magnum cases, lube points, great leverage, best used primer collection system.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeow! Co-Ax is $330.00! What's so great about it? Looks hard to use with the handle sticking way up in the air?

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't trade my Redding T7 for anything. I think you could press axle bearings on it if you could rig it up.

And it's sure nice to have a couple of calibers setup and ready to go. They do have a priming tube setup for it, but I've not used it enough yet to have much of an opinion whether it's better than a hand held but it does work.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet (!) and get a Forster Co-Ax and a RCBS bench mount priming tool.

Any other ideas?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    If I ever replace my RCBS, it’ll be with a Redding T7. All of the strengths of a true single stage with the added speed of progressive die changes.

Feedback Score
    I would join the recommendations for the Redding T7. I recently added one to my old RCBS Rockchucker and Dillon 550b. It is like a progressive single stage. I don't think it gives up anything in the way of rigidity and strength for typical sizing and seating operations. You can adjust the dies the way you and not have to remove them for the next operation.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    A Redding T7 will be replacing my RCBS, as soon as I can offload a new in box Rockchucker Supreme that I have. If I wasn't getting a T7, I would get the Co-Ax.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast