Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a new reloading press--FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    After 40 years, the old RCBS needs replacing. Unfortunately, RCBS presses are made in Red China and I don't want to buy one.

So: I need a new single stage press. I would prefer one with the option to attach a tubular priming unit on it.

What are y'all using? Any Redding users? If Redding is Made in USA, should I get one of them?

Any other suggestions?
    Don't believe all the rumors and the presses being made in China. They are still made in the USA by people who were tricked into voting for Trump by the Russians.

RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Reloading Press
    https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...n_id=100453570

Technical Information

Press Type: Single Stage
    Frame Material: Cast Iron
    Frame Design: O-Frame
    Frame Offset:
    Frame Opening Size:
    Handle Location: Bottom Right or Left hand
    Die Size Accepted: Standard 7/8"-14 threaded dies and 1-1/4"-12 dies with bushing removed
    Die Bushing Accepted: Yes
    Die Bushing Brand Used: RCBS
    Spent Primer Collection System: Yes
    Ram Stroke: 4"
    Ram Diameter:
    Priming Feature: Priming Arm, will also accept RCBS Ram Priming Unit (sold separately)
    Number of Mounting Holes: 2
    Mounting Hardware Included: No
    Additional Features:
    Warranty: Lifetime warranty for home reloaders, warranty does not cover equipment used for commercial purposes
    Notes: Dies and Shellholders sold separately

Made In United States of America

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigedp51 View Post
    Don't believe all the rumors and the presses being made in China. They are still made in the USA by people who were tricked into voting for Trump by the Russians.
    Sorry your girl didn't win...
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hm, yeah, if you google it, there are photos of "Made in China" on boxes containing RCBS presses. Unless those photos are faked, Rock Chuckers are made by Xi Jinping.

And shopping I noticed that the very similar Redding Big Boss, definitely Made in USA, is quite a bit more expensive than the Rock Chucker.

I ordered a Big Boss 2 on sale from Sinclair just now. And a Forster bench priming tool. I've never been totally satisfied with priming on the press ram, although I never previously looked into any alternative. Bench priming tool looks more tactile and sensitive than the press ram priming method.

Feedback Score
    The Forster primer looks interesting. Should have stuck with the COax
    Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 07-03-18 at 07:43.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Forster is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I love my Big Boss 2. I have yet to try the Co-Ax. I wore out a LNL single stage due to the alloy body and small main shaft. The big boss 2 has a much beefier main shaft, and is cast iron.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Went ahead and ordered Big Boss 2, and also a RCBS bench priming tool.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I added the LNL conversion kit to my Big Boss 2. I do prime 300 WM, 308 WIN, and all my pistol brass with the Big Boss's priming system just so I don't have to convert my Sinclair hand primer from .223 shell holder/small primer.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I love my Big Boss 2. I have yet to try the Co-Ax. I wore out a LNL single stage due to the alloy body and small main shaft. The big boss 2 has a much beefier main shaft, and is cast iron.
    You should. The shell plate mechanism and easy snap in/out die system alone are worth it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgrs View Post
    You should. The shell plate mechanism and easy snap in/out die system alone are worth it.
    That's kind of what the LNL conversion does for me on the Big Boss 2. If I had more room, I'd be tempted to grab one.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast