Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I need a new reloading press--FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    After 40 years, the old RCBS needs replacing. Unfortunately, RCBS presses are made in Red China and I don't want to buy one.

So: I need a new single stage press. I would prefer one with the option to attach a tubular priming unit on it.

What are y'all using? Any Redding users? If Redding is Made in USA, should I get one of them?

Any other suggestions?
    Just get a Dillon 550. You can use it like a single stage. It’s versatile and robust. I got mine in 1991. It’s still like new

Feedback Score
    Been reloading a tad bit longer, have several of the ole Rock Chuckers still working great.
    several ole Pro 7's, Projector's (pre LNL-AP) each still run good.and a LNL-AP
    Dillon's, Big Boss II, each has their uses. Looking at another Co-ax but...
    As far as priming use the old style Lee Auto-primes with the round trays
    the ones that get the yellowing effect on the trays after many years of use.

-Rock

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sinclair sent me my press but the Post Office can't find it. They think it's in the building, but have no idea who did what with it. They admit that they have no idea of how to begin searching the building for it. Really. Easier to find 13 Wild Boars in a water filled cave than it is a package in a post office.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm rarely more disappointed in humanity than when I observe the imbeciles who work at the post office.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm rarely more disappointed in humanity than when I observe the imbeciles who work at the post office.
    It really is astonishing. I'm used to interacting with .gov workers, which is an endless source of frustration, but USPS has to be the bottom of the barrel. I'm thinking I'm in a catch-22. Seller says they delivered it to the PO, PO says they have no record of recieving it, seller says . . . .

Post offices in general are hostile places.

(1) RKBA is prohibited.
    (2) no place to take a leak.
    (3) five places at the counter, one or two workers present.
    (4) no place to sit, even for old folks or pregnant women.
    (5) Workers move in slow motion, as if swimming in molasses.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I love it when the line is 12 deep, and the pea brain behind the counter wants to let the moron they're servicing pick through a bunch of different stamp designs.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    They might have done you a favor. Better order a Co-ax in case they never find this one.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgrs View Post
    You should. The shell plate mechanism and easy snap in/out die system alone are worth it.
    Until you try the coax it makes no sense. Once you do, all the others seem crude and ineffecient.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I just watched a video of the Co-Ax. It looks pretty nice, but my main concern is the ergo of the press. I'm used to running a LOT of brass on my Big Boss 2, and like that the press arm is off to the right of the operating area. I just picture the Coax arm being too centered up for high volume de-cap or resize batches. I might be wrong though.

Quick change is no gain over the LNL conversion. Both are instant. I don't like to use those lock rings on my dies. I prefer mine wrenched into the LNL bushing, but that could just be that I started on a Dillon, and that's how I grew up setting dies.

The floating system looks nice, but the Big Boss is such a beast with a big main shaft/ram, that I've never felt the need for floating except for my neck expander die. And I just run that mandrel loose in the die for the same result.

The spent primer system is nice assuming you could remove that jar and run the hose into a bucket. I dump way too many primers to be emptying that little jar all the time.

Good looking press, but again, my main concern is ergo. Sitting on a stool punching hundreds of primers, I worry that the operating arm might slow down an already tedious task.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I quite agree with markm. That's why I ended up with the big boss 2. Now, if I can just get USPS to deliver it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast