Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tumble your revolver empties before reloading?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Tumble your revolver empties before reloading?

I always tumble, and then wash, my semi-auto cases. This is because they flop around on the ground, and when I pick up mine, I always pick up some of somebody else's, which may have been sitting around for a while.

But how about revolver cases? You fire them, eject them back into a container, and take them home. They don't have a chance to get dirty, or sit around and corrode a bit.

What do y'all do?

Feedback Score
    Generally I always tumble pistol brass between loadings. However, for my revolver cases, especially big bore cartridges I will load them a few times before I tumble again. They aren't shiny but they don't really get dirty either.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve quit reloading for a while, but when I did, I always tumbled revolver brass. The finished round just looks better, and I like working with clean stuff. It probably doesn’t matter, just makes me feel better.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    I will load them a few times before I tumble again. They aren't shiny but they don't really get dirty either.
    ^^^ Agreed ^^^
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I tumble ss tumble everything. I don't mess with dirty brass.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I tumble everything to at least keep dirt, soot, etc. out of the dies.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack crab View Post
    I tumble everything to at least keep dirt, soot, etc. out of the dies.
    I do it to minimize lead exposure from the primer residue. I decap with rubber gloves, then SS tumble.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I tumble everything to keep crap out of my dies. Some of my revolvers have pretty tight chambers so exceptionally dirty cases may not even chamber.

Feedback Score
    I always tumble brass because the finished product looks better and the dies stay cleaner. For me, reloading is about producing a higher quality product than the factory ammunition that's available. I do run a progressive, but I don't look to cut corners to save time. Of course if you're not anal retentive like me, then do what works for you.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I always like to use a little Imperial sizing wax when resizing magnum revolver cartridges, so I always tumble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast