Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primary Arms Platinum Series 1-8x Any input

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowNotEverything View Post
    I believe they are coming out with two new reticles. One is an improved chevron ACSS, the other a mil Christmas tree. Not entirely sure about the timeline.
    Griffin MIL and Griffin MOA will be the new reticles.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasshooter View Post
    It is a fantastic scope, and I’m not sure where anyone would think the resale value has any affect on what kind of scope it is. If you are looking for a very solid 1-8 FFP, with darn good glass, this scope is for you. I have one, and have had it for several months. I’ve had it on several different 5.56 guns, and it now resides on my 16” gasser .308. On Saturday I was hitting steel at 850 yds with that rifle scope combo. The ACSS reticle is absolutely top shelf, and is VERY, VERY easy to use. You can measure/range with it, you can hold for wind with it, and the illumination is far more than just daylight bright. The scopes I run on my SPR rifles are a NightForce NX8, a NightForce ATACR 1-8, and the Primary Arms Platinum 1-8. So, I am NO stranger to very high quality glass. The Platinum line is made in Japan, not the Philippines, or China. It is manufactured by LOW, the SAME company that builds the Razor 1-6, the Leupold MK6, and several of NightForce’s offerings. Granted, LOW builds to the customers specs, but my point is, they KNOW how to build a scope. If you don’t like the ACSS, you can get a straight Mil reticle. As far as weight, it is 21oz. The Vortex Razor is heavier, a 1-6, and a SFP. So, I see nothing the Razor does better. In fact, I had a Razor, as well as a Burris XTRII 1-8. I sold them to fund my ATACR 1-8. I kept the Primary Arms Platinum though. I GENUINELY feel it is a superior scope to most anything in that class/price point. Is it as good as my NF ATACR 1-8? No, but it is $1300, not $2500.
    MrGunsandGear did a review on You Tube. Give it a watch. He feels about it much like I do.
    I probably sound like a fanboy, I’m not really, I’m a self admitted NF and Schmidt & Bender fan. However, the Platinum series can damn sure hold their own with some nice scopes. At a great price point.

ETA: I’ve shot the Trijicon and at full power, the reticle is far too thick. That isn’t just my opinion, many other folks have mentioned it. Generally I’m a fan of Trijicon, but on that one, the reticle is a no go.
    How would you say the PA compares to the NX8? I'm debating on the Trijicon Accupower 1-8, PA Platinum 1-8 and the NF NX8 all of which I have found for the same price. I was leaning on the Accupower but I'm starting to like the ACSS reticle but the NX8 beats both in terms of weight and size.

Feedback Score
    I've been running the PA Platinum 1-8 now for a bit, and for the price, it is an AWESOME LPVO. It competes with scopes 2-3x that price in my opinion, and I have and have spent a lot of time behind expensive glass (Vortex Gen II RZRs, NF ATACR, Schmidt, Tangent Theta, etc). It has excellent glass, a great reticle for quick shots out to distance, and good turrets. The illumination is very bright, and I like having an etched reticle.

The only downside of the Platinum 1-8 is the weight. It's not light, but seems to be built like a tank. I've been shooting the ACSS reticle for years, and have found it holds pretty true to M193/M855 factory ammo. Also, with the Platinum 1-8, you have MRAD turrets so you can dial for longer distances if you know your ballistic data for a specific load.

I don't think you can find a better 1-8 for that price honestly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I've been running the PA Platinum 1-8 now for a bit, and for the price, it is an AWESOME LPVO. It competes with scopes 2-3x that price in my opinion, and I have and have spent a lot of time behind expensive glass (Vortex Gen II RZRs, NF ATACR, Schmidt, Tangent Theta, etc). It has excellent glass, a great reticle for quick shots out to distance, and good turrets. The illumination is very bright, and I like having an etched reticle.

The only downside of the Platinum 1-8 is the weight. It's not light, but seems to be built like a tank. I've been shooting the ACSS reticle for years, and have found it holds pretty true to M193/M855 factory ammo. Also, with the Platinum 1-8, you have MRAD turrets so you can dial for longer distances if you know your ballistic data for a specific load.

I don't think you can find a better 1-8 for that price honestly.
    Awesome, thanks man! The ACSS reticle looks really well thought out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12