Thread: Finding a load for my PWS MK111....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Finding a load for my PWS MK111....

...is a lesson in patience. I’m used to a Douglas barreled, monolithic SPR. A non free floated, short barreled, long stroke piston has to be the complete opposite, lol
    I was hoping it’d like at least one of my previous loads, but 2” seems to be the norm so far. Oh well, there’s more powders/weights to try..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ac View Post
    ...is a lesson in patience. I’m used to a Douglas barreled, monolithic SPR. A non free floated, short barreled, long stroke piston has to be the complete opposite, lol
    I was hoping it’d like at least one of my previous loads, but 2” seems to be the norm so far. Oh well, there’s more powders/weights to try..
    Those barrels take a little bit of breaking in... More so than most, in my experience. Once broken in, mine shoots better after it's collected a bit of copper.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah. We've recently experienced this with a Faxon barrel that Pappabear bought. It started out a 3 or 4 MOA barrel. It's down to just over MOA now.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sounds like I’ll just keep running some old loads through it before I try to find a new one. I’ll be happy with moa, mostly looking for something that both my AR’s will like. Kill two birds..

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We have good luck with 77 gr OTMs in many guns... almost regardless of load. If you're looking for a more economical route, the 62 gr Hornady HPBT has been very MOAish for us.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    very MOAish .
    HA! Scientific term.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    We have good luck with 77 gr OTMs in many guns... almost regardless of load. If you're looking for a more economical route, the 62 gr Hornady HPBT has been very MOAish for us.
    Your H322 load shoots great in my SPR, and a 2520 load shoots ok. I’d definitely like to stick with 77’s for the added thump, plus Nosler 77’s are very economical.