Thread: .224 Valkyrie buffer question

Feedback Score

.224 Valkyrie buffer question

My brother is building a .224 Valkyrie with a 20" barrel and a carbine buffer tube. What weight buffer should he be using? Maybe a blue Sprinco spring too?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Our default buffer recommendation is a A5H2/Rifle/CARH2 buffer system with the gas drive set properly by the upper.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Good info, thanks.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    What about using a rifle length receiver extension with a2/a4 rifle buffer and standard rifle spring?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    What about using a rifle length receiver extension with a2/a4 rifle buffer and standard rifle spring?
    Yes.

A5 > Rifle > CAR
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Our default buffer recommendation is a A5H2/Rifle/CARH2 buffer system with the gas drive set properly by the upper.
    Sorry, just trying to parse that. Is that an A5 tube, rifle spring and carbine H2 buffer?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Sorry, just trying to parse that. Is that an A5 tube, rifle spring and carbine H2 buffer?
    I'm fairly certain that he was implying that A5H2 buffer, rifle buffer, and Carbine H2 buffers are all the proper choices with the proper gas drive

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thehammer69 View Post
    I'm fairly certain that he was implying that A5H2 buffer, rifle buffer, and Carbine H2 buffers are all the proper choices with the proper gas drive
    Thanks, the word ‘default’ messed with me, and I’m still figuring out the A5 stuff for my first non-rifle/CAR set-up, and actually finding the right combo of stuff in stock.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehammer69 View Post
    This. The H2 Carbine buffer is a NO GO in anything other than a carbine RE.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    My brother is building a .224 Valkyrie with a 20" barrel and a carbine buffer tube. What weight buffer should he be using? Maybe a blue Sprinco spring too?
    Depends on who ported the barrel and what they ported it for. If you use a A5 or H2 and it was ported for use with a standard carbine it will short stroke. If you use a standard carbine buffer and it was ported for a H2 then it will be over-gassed and accuracy will suffer.