Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Duty to retreat laws

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    This is yet another perfect example (the FL shooting case) of why you do your best to mind your own business when out in public.

If you are that pissed that some oxygen thief parked illegally in a handicap spot (yes that grinds my gears too) then call the proper authorities and report it. They won't do anything but at least you won't get assaulted by said oxygen thief and catch a murder rap cause you went all Paul Kersey.

As for the CT guy, he would probably not be billed here in TX if it even went that far.
    Florida guy is indicted. http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...round-shooting

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You know, it would do everyone who carries to sit down with someone who actually testifies, prosecutes, or teaches use of force law, in other words a credentialed expert, and discuss the pros and cons of avoiding the use of force when it is possible to safely avoid using force.

It is sorrowful to think that perhaps someone taking advice from a less than knowledgeable source would make a decision based on inaccurate instruction and shoot someone, putting themselves in the cross hairs for criminal prosecution.

I am amazed at the number of folks who unknowingly spout erroneous information that can lead themselves or another to assumed liability, based on info they got from the third shitter down.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Doesn't mean anything..... so was George Zimmerman. And we know how that turned out........
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    You know, it would do everyone who carries to sit down with someone who actually testifies, prosecutes, or teaches use of force law, in other words a credentialed expert, and discuss the pros and cons of avoiding the use of force when it is possible to safely avoid using force.

It is sorrowful to think that perhaps someone taking advice from a less than knowledgeable source would make a decision based on inaccurate instruction and shoot someone, putting themselves in the cross hairs for criminal prosecution.

I am amazed at the number of folks who unknowingly spout erroneous information that can lead themselves or another to assumed liability, based on info they got from the third shitter down.
    Some of that information is included in our state's CCW class. One of our local training groups does a specific class on use of force laws in addition to their CCW and other classes.

Feedback Score
    Some of that information is included in our state's CCW class. One of our local training groups does a specific class on use of force laws in addition to their CCW and other classes.
    That is pretty much all the CO CCW class is (was for me) since we don't have a live fire section. The guy I had was pretty good. By the end of it, you start to wonder if it is worth it to shoot anyone.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I understand that, and I've seen some of the well meaning codgers teaching in our state. My go to CCW instructor is a District Court Judge, who is also a former County Attorney.

On the other hand, I have a friend who retired to the Boundary Area in Minnesota. By coincidence he was in town to see a new grandchild last week and we met for coffee. He told us about his adventures keeping his mouth shut during his CCW class, especially when the instructor said, I'll give you a few minutes to read over the liability section.

As far as I'm concerned it is a subject that almost universally is inadequately instructed.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    For those with $400 and two days to spare, I highly recommend this...

https://massadayoobgroup.com/mag-20-classroom/

I am not part of the Massad Ayoob Group and I make no money on promoting this or any other class. I've taken this class several times and each time I gain new appreciation for it. My only complaint is they no longer offer the Tueller Drill. I've taken that several times as well, and it's an eye opener.

Mods, if I am not allowed to post a link to a class, I apologize and fell free to delete.
    Last edited by moonshot; 08-18-18 at 09:41. Reason: fixed link

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Saw that yesterday and was going to post but didn't have time, IMHO it wasn't a good shoot from what I saw on the video released.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Doesn't mean anything..... so was George Zimmerman. And we know how that turned out........
    Way different situation with GZ.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Probably not going to help the prosecutor's case that the homicide detective has been fired for being a drunk.

Homicide detective arrested and fired after showing up intoxicated at crime scene

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – A Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office homicide detective who has played a leading role in the case against parking-lot shooter Michael Drejka was arrested and fired after he showed up intoxicated to a death investigation scene, according to the agency

Predictably, John Trevena, one of Drejka’s attorneys, said he plans to raise the arrest at trial during cross examination.

“His lack of credibility, I believe, is fatal to the state’s case,” Trevena said. “Was he drunk when he investigated the Drejka shooting?”
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast