Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Ambi Selector (lightweight)?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Best Ambi Selector (lightweight)?

Building a Lightweight 300BLK pistol

Looking for the Best Ambi Selector (lightweight)?

I've had Seekins and Battle Arms.

Battle Arms Lightweight is nice but pricey. Like the switchlike levers.

The Seekins is actually cheaper but heaver and I don't like the lever's shape, texture and actuation is slightly mushier.

Have an eye on the Radian ambi and want to know any pros/cons and actual use feedback?

Also looking at the Ascend Armory ambi selector.

My primary reason for posting this is to get some good suggestions for other selectors I may not be aware of besides Battle Arms (LW) or Radian
    selectors that have a similar actuation / switch design as the Battle Arms and quality

For some context of my LW build- I am spending the $ to build a LW 300BLK pistol that's going to be sub 5 lbs With Optic (sub 6 with suppressor) I don't want to be wasting $ on standard / heavier parts
    It is a LW build for hunting hogs on foot in brush etc

To clarify
    My intent is not for the lightest possible selector as there are options out there. I think people latched onto that a bit too hard.

My goal for this selector is:

1) selector similar in quality and weight to the Battle Arms LW selector (which I have in two lowers)
    2) ambi
    3) not mushy like the Seekins ambi I have
    4) reliable and compatible with my SDC triggers ( I have heard reports of some selectors not being compatible?)
    Last edited by joeg26er; 07-04-18 at 10:39.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Not a technical subject.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I've never bought any lightweight components outside of barrels, handguards, optics & mounts so take this for what its worth...

The Talon is pretty slick, the levers are held in place with spring and detents rather than screws (not that it matters just a point) it is also changeable between 45 & 90 degree throws without complete deassembly. The selection of levers is not as numerous as BAD. I went with the medium on my primary side and the mdeium tapered to the off side. The actuation is also slightly mushier than the BAD. I would say check them out if you haven't.

I also have a couple BAD-ASS and a BAD-CASS but nothing LW, I like them all but if I were to standardize on one it would be the BAD-ASS.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Just picked up a Radian Talon selector and although I cant speak to the weight vs the Seekins Precision selector I used prior (havent weighed them), but the Radian is significantly nicer in my opinion.

Much more positive engagement, levers offer good purchase but are much sleeker and more aesthetically pleasing in my opinion.

The Seekins selctor is good, but a little rough texture wise, and wobbly/soft on engagement.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TheWambo; 07-03-18 at 21:48.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The minimal weight difference, combined with the located position on the weapon negates any felt difference in terms of being lightweight. If you are looking at quality, there are a variety out on the market, and Radian makes some of the very good ones.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I like the Joebob Outfitters Ambi.

It's shaved down on the strong side to make the trigger finger feels better.

100% agree you won't notice any real differences.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Aim Surplus ambi selector is very lightweight (surprisingly so much lighter than USGI) and only $20: https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAIMLAMBI

I have one, but haven't installed it yet, so I can't comment on function.

Regular USGI: short right side lever - Colt, or both sides long worked fine for me. Not sure if there would be an appreciable weight difference vs a lightweight one.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Is this a serious thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Best Ambi Selector (lightweight)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Is this a serious thread?

Yeah I think it’s a first.

OP, BAD and Radian are the only two aftermarket selectors worth looking at IMO. I chose the Radian and like it a lot. Convertible from 45 to 90, cheaper than the BAD IIRC, and I don’t have to sort between 3.4 million lever combinations. Typically I like being able to choose stuff, but there were so many BAD options that it turned me off to them.

I’m not even sure what to say about the weight.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OP -

I have a couple of V-7 three gun safeties that I really like, I've switched them around to where they are on the two rifles I shoot the most. The levers have a pretty aggressive saw tooth that you may not like, but they are light. The core of the safety is made of titanium (gasp!) so I guess they are high speed. They are essentially 60/90 reversable. They have a nice crisp detent click yet are not overly stiff.

https://www.vsevenweaponsystems.com/...-rh-selectors/

I don't remember where I got them, they were on sale, I want to say I paid less than 40.00.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast