Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Centurion Arms Lowers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Centurion Arms Lowers

I just picked up my Centurion Arms lower receiver and rail from my FFL.

My reason for buying this lower was that I am in the process of converting all my 'no name lowers' on rifles I'm keeping to lowers with cool logos and recognized by most as seemingly legit. My only complaint is that the Centurion Arms logo was more understated than I figured it would be.

The lower is blemish free, with clear selector markings on both sides. Otherwise it not cluttered with markings that aren't required. The Centurion stylized arrow and the CM4 below it will lok nice with the simple goldish fill I have envisioned.

The rail, likewise, is blemish free, with the Centurion Arms logo laser engraved in white on both sides of the rail. My wife thinks I should do the fill on the receiver in white to match, jury is still out on that.

I know this is a sparse report, I'm going riding tonight and won't be able to assemble the lower and upper until the weekend. This one will have a Stag LPK with a Toolcraft C158 bolt, and a Sionics 16" LW mid-length barrel.

An additional detail just reared its ugly head - I have several Geissele gas blocks of the .750 persuasion standing-by, but no .625 gas blocks - so it will be a week or so, I guess.

Anyways, just wanted to reassure those of you who maybe haven't received them yet, they are, in my eyes, GTG!

Thanks again to Stickman for making this happen.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Glad you like it!
    My FFL was closed today so they couldn't received it. I should have be able to grab it tomorrow or Saturday the latest.

Will post a pic once I get it.

Sent from my PIP-BOY 3000 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Lower, upper, and rail. Very pleased with each of them. Unfortunately, they will be assembled slowly as parts are acquired.
    Thanks again, Stick.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    A little disappointed to be honest...

Waiting to hear back regarding RMA. Not stressing it too much as this build is in the queue until I finish up another.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 07-05-18 at 18:38.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    A little disappointed to be honest...

Waiting to hear back regarding RMA. Not stressing it too much as this build is in the queue until I finish up another.
    What do you think would cause that?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    They removed material probably due to fitment/measurement spec. I hit it with a micrometer and it's about 1/100 thinner on the bare metal side. Hopefully re-anodizing will still allow upper to fit.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 07-05-18 at 18:41.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    The rail, likewise, is blemish free, with the Centurion Arms logo laser engraved in white on both sides of the rail. My wife thinks I should do the fill on the receiver in white to match, jury is still out on that.

I know this is a sparse report, I'm going riding tonight and won't be able to assemble the lower and upper until the weekend. This one will have a Stag LPK with a Toolcraft C158 bolt, and a Sionics 16" LW mid-length barrel.

An additional detail just reared its ugly head - I have several Geissele gas blocks of the .750 persuasion standing-by, but no .625 gas blocks - so it will be a week or so, I guess.

Just a heads up but your Geissele gas block will not work with the Centurion rail. You will need a lower profile one. I'm speaking from experience.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    Just a heads up but your Geissele gas block will not work with the Centurion rail. You will need a lower profile one. I'm speaking from experience.
    Any idea if the Ballistic Advantage .625" will fit?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    A little disappointed to be honest....
    Me too. The upper and rail were both fine, but I got two blem lowers, one worse then the other. No issues with roll marks or engravings though. They're out this week on holiday so I'm sure they'll make it right next week. I've worked with them before and received great customer service, so I'm not worried, or in a hurry, and I'm still excited about the new parts.
    Last edited by Mr McSimon; 07-05-18 at 19:58.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Geissele block won't work anyways since it's a .750 and his barrel is a .625 just as he mentioned in his post.

Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast