Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking For LightWeight 300 BlackOut Barrel Suggestions 8.5 to 10 inch

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

BCM 300 Black Out 9 inch Enhanced Light Weight Fluted Barrel Pics

BCM 300 Black Out 9 inch Enhanced Light Weight Fluted Barrel Pics

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    Just received the BCM 9 inch 300BLKOUT barrel.
    G and R shipped fast! Good service there!

Fluting looks nice, it's finish is not pretty - almost looks used LOL. Compared to the Spikes/FN and the TriArc barrels which were basically spotless this BCM arrived with plenty of scuffs, snail trails etc. Tiny ding on the crown. A couple scratches and a cut/ding across a flute edge.
    The barrel is dimpled for a set screw. The dimple appears huge, a bit too large and has cold bluing around it. Gas port also looks similarly large. The inside of the gas port looks quite rough too. Almost seemed threaded at first LOL.
    Weight is 14.9 oz / 424g on my scale
    Measurements and pics soon
    Did you happen to measure the gas port? I have one of these and it seems super overgassed with supers. I did something kind of dumb and got a non-adjustable gas block pinned. Now, I want to take it off and put an adjustable gb on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aTruetone View Post
    Did you happen to measure the gas port? I have one of these and it seems super overgassed with supers. I did something kind of dumb and got a non-adjustable gas block pinned. Now, I want to take it off and put an adjustable gb on.
    I'm curious as to what buffer, spring, and ammunition was used? Was a can involved in any way?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    I'm curious as to what buffer, spring, and ammunition was used? Was a can involved in any way?
    I started off with an H2 and Sprinco blue using Magtech 124s. Went up to H3 and red and it’s still quite rough cycling. No can yet but I have a Trash Panda on the way, so I want to get this thing smoother out. I’ve seen others say these barrels are smooth shooting with H2s and that just hasn’t been the case with mine. I’ve shot other 300 blackouts that were much smoother, so I’m thinking it’s got to be an overgassing issue. BCM won’t reveal the gas port size either, I asked. I almost wish I had a barrel ported for just supers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12