View Poll Results: Where is your pressure pad’s rail position?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • 12:00

55 61.80%
  • 1:30

0 0%
  • 3:00

1 1.12%
  • 4:30

0 0%
  • 6:00

0 0%
  • 7:30

0 0%
  • 9:00

3 3.37%
  • 10:30

5 5.62%
  • I use a push button tail cap

25 28.09%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where do you mount your light’s pressure pad?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Sheeeit, those 1.93” scopes are so high you could put the light at 12 o’clock with zero issues.
    You think? That would be the best of both worlds, faster sight picture during dynamic shooting plus ambi ergos and no barrier splash!

Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Agreed, but you can momentary activate a WML without a pressure pad. Thumb touch button - ON, Thumb let go of button - OFF.

Aaron over at Sage Dynamics does not recommend the WML cuz he’s seen so many fail during his classes

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    After only playing with mine in the house for a little bit, I'm surprised they're not more common. It seems so much more natural and was not bad at all in the prone. I just need that damn Razor for it to be legit.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I mount the light at 12:00 and use the tail cap.

Mossie Tactical Midnight mount with Surefire X300

The Surefire mounted to a section of PRI rail modified to fit under the front of a MagPul Slimline handguard

Both are solid mounts and the switch is easy to get to with either hand.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    67 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I mount the light at 12:00 and use the tail cap.

Mossie Tactical Midnight mount with Surefire X300

The Surefire mounted to a section of PRI rail modified to fit under the front of a MagPul Slimline handguard

Both are solid mounts and the switch is easy to get to with either hand.
    I’ve always liked that midnight mount!

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Here is a setup from 1986: 1978 Colt SP1 with an original Laser Devices FN-9 attached to flash hider and secured to bayonet lug. Pressure pad is secured to triangle handguard with rubber bands or Velcro. This was my dads SHTF set up. Surprisingly it still works and you only have to change out the 6 AA batteries every 2-4 hours.

Attachment 52751
    Last edited by elephant; 07-06-18 at 23:32.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BallisticHarmony View Post
    Poll relates to specific position of the pressure pad, as opposed to the light or mount.

Personally I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on the Surefire 600DF + tape switch, Magpul offset mount and Magpul tape switch mounting plate at 10:30. The light will also be on the left side since I’ll be employing offset sights at 1:30. I’m definitely curious about the rest of the community, though.
    I have my light at 1:30 and offset irons. But I have the front sight mounted behind where my support hand goes on the handguard, because light placement was my priority and the irons are very backup for me.

But 12 o'clock is where I put my pressure switch when I can. If I can't, I'll run something else that allows ambidextrous operation: Tailcaps, X300s at 12 o'clock, &c.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    I have my light at 1:30 and offset irons. But I have the front sight mounted behind where my support hand goes on the handguard, because light placement was my priority and the irons are very backup for me.

But 12 o'clock is where I put my pressure switch when I can. If I can't, I'll run something else that allows ambidextrous operation: Tailcaps, X300s at 12 o'clock, &c.
    You have a pic? I wasn’t sure the sights would clear over the top of the light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    You have a pic? I wasn’t sure the sights would clear over the top of the light.
    I'll get one or two for you tomorrow or Sunday. But no problems with the bezel of the light and the iron sights.

I'm running a SureFire M300 Scout in an RM45 mounted to the 3 o'clock rail on a Geissele Mk13, the light rides very close to the 12 o'clock rail.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 07-07-18 at 00:46.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BallisticHarmony View Post
    Aaron over at Sage Dynamics does not recommend the WML cuz he’s seen so many fail during his classes
    Sorry, I was meaning ‘generic Weapon Mount Light’, as opposed to a particular brand of WML.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 07-07-18 at 07:05.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Here is a setup from 1986: 1978 Colt SP1 with an original Laser Devices FN-9 attached to flash hider and secured to bayonet lug. Pressure pad is secured to triangle handguard with rubber bands or Velcro. This was my dads SHTF set up. Surprisingly it still works and you only have to change out the 6 AA batteries every 2-4 hours.

Attachment 52751
    Necessity is the mother of invention! Very cool!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast