Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 1991 Gauntlet Test Results

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Colt 1991 Gauntlet Test Results

Wanted to post this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09CTiHsshhg

I care less about MAC and his silly test and am hoping to get some thoughts on what happened to this Colt. TLDR; gun has consistent FTRTB issues with and without a magazine. The position the slide fails at appears to be near the disconnector/S80 drop safety. I am thinking gunk got in those parts causing the slide to hang up? Does not appear to be a mag issue as suspected by MAC and YT commentators.

Initially I thought something was keeping the slide stop pressed up, but after he rinsed the gun and issues still occurred, it seems like the S80 parts may be the culprit. Hoping to get professional and hobbyists' thoughts.

This test doesn't dissuade me from my choice in the 1911 platform, but has me thinking the S80 may not be very suitable for filthy conditions. I actually do believe the 1911 in a S70 format with modern features would have performed much better.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Probably sand that went down the face of the hammer and clogged up the disconnector.

The Series 80 stuff is good to go and I like it for a carry gun.

That dipshit didn’t understand that the follower jumped the slide stop when it didn’t lock open the first time.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    https://www.m4carbine.net/faq.php?fa...q_new_faq_item
    1) Derogatory Remarks – Please do not post any comments that are intentional personal attacks against other members. (Including, but not limited to, name calling, comments of a racial, religious or sexual nature.) Debate is welcome and encouraged. Personal attacks, and name calling, serve no purpose in the exchange and debate of good information. Please be respectful to your fellow shooting enthusiasts whether they are new shooters or seasoned veterans.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...67#post1652467
    If you call another member a name in a manner that is in any way interpreted as hostile or sarcastic (because sarcasm is a huge accelerant -- if not the most volatile of them all), your balls will be summarily-crushed.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...313#post857313
    Personal Attacks.
    The Good: Like pretty much every board on the internet, we have a policy against personal attacks, and we strongly believe that it is possible -- even essential -- to be able to disagree with another's position without crossing the line and insulting them in the process.
    The Bad: Our tolerance level for "in your face" posting activity is very, very low. If you go after another member, you can expect to be dealt with swiftly and severely ... even if we happen to agree with your side of the debate. The issue here isn't who is right and who is wrong, but rather, how we have resolved to deal with each other while advancing our various views.
    The Ugly: It is admittedly difficult for the staff to apply a uniform standard in these cases, and it may seem that someone else got away with worse, when you got hammered for a lesser offense. A thinking man would endeavor to steer clear of trouble altogether, but if you are ever singled-out for correction, just take your licks and move on. This isn't about you; it's about the health of the forum.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Is MAC a member here?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    He is a well known member of the shooting community who stands up for our rights. It's one thing to discuss points of disagreement, but resorting name calling is bad form.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    If you are not looking to get your Jimmies rustled, don't watch this video.

Before there was Glock, there was the indestructible Makarov- shocking torture test results.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    He is a well known member of the shooting community who stands up for our rights. It's one thing to discuss points of disagreement, but resorting name calling is bad form.
    Well known for what? Looks like he just plays in the mud to me.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I'm curious as to who it is that's calling out Tim from MAC. What have they done for the community, for our rights, for our knowledge? Do they have any specialized knowledge related to the field? What content or information have they shared with the community?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by beschatten View Post
    I care less about MAC and his silly test and am hoping to get some thoughts on what happened to this Colt.
    You post a link to a video that prompts some thought/discussion and call it silly? If you're going to post a link to a video that's providing you with some information that stimulates technical discussion, at least show the creator of the video some appreciation for his time and effort by not insulting him or his video.

Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Well known for what? Looks like he just plays in the mud to me.
    If you don't know him, then that's all the more reason to show some common courtesy/respect.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I’m pretty certain that dude was a Marine Sniper. He is a huge advocate for the 2A and he puts out a ton of free content.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast