Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Colt 1991 Gauntlet Test Results

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Lol at people white knighting and/or getting offended because someone got called a “dipshit”.

Feedback Score
    My personal long term goals for my collection is standardizing on 1911's, AR's, 870's, M1A's and pre-lock Smiths. If I truly only cared about pure reliability under harsh conditions then I could see standardizing on AUG's or AK variants with Glock handguns. However my view is that long term you are better off with domestically produced items that aren't dependent on foreign manufacturers and having widely available parts. The 1911 is one of the longest running firearms in history and there are tons of parts available for it. Plus it shoots nice and I like the trigger reset better than any other handgun.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Lol at people white knighting and/or getting offended because someone got called a “dipshit”.
    Possibly. But these questions remain as the basis of this discussion:

1.OP posts thread calling MAC out for his "Silly" tests, but wants to have a valid (metric based) conversation about it. Therefore, it can't be that silly. OP just got worked up over it and wanted to talk about someone's ignorance and appear "in-the-know" or as the new gen calls it: woke about the 1911 S80.

2. Reply that proceeds calls one of the most active, staunch, and level headed 2A advocates of that GENERATION a dipshit. Yes, I hold him that high. Every piece of legislation or restrictions that appear, he makes it known or "News", advocates for the right side, and provides resources for people to use/support for that battle.

3. We have rules for a reason. When a thread opens where the entire context is a pissing contest about something asinine is just bad form. It looks bad on the OP, on anyone who feeds into it, and our community in general.

4. 2 Mods have commented in this thread, pointing it out, one who doesn't even like MAC. Think about that for a moment.

ETA: And number 5: What has the OP, or anyone critical of MAC (over the silly stuff like if his videos are scientific or not. When they clearly are not), provided to the community to help promote, build, and develop this industry and right?

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    Mac does more for the 2nd amendment and firearm community than 99% of the population. The gauntlet test is to show how much it takes a firearm to fail. He also has hundreds of videos of old and modern weapons and his state of the 2nd videos. Whenever an infringement is starting to surface you will find him there actively fighting it, gathering troops and resources and showing real activism. What do you do?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Said very well. And I think this goes along with my rhetoric wonderfully.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 08-02-18 at 13:18.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Possibly. But these questions remain as the basis of this discussion:

1.OP posts thread calling MAC out for his "Silly" tests, but wants to have a valid (metric based) conversation about it. Therefore, it can't be that silly. OP just got worked up over it and wanted to talk about someone's ignorance and appear "in-the-know" or as the new gen calls it: woke about the 1911 S80.

2. Reply that proceeds calls one of the most active, staunch, and level headed 2A advocates of that GENERATION a dipshit. Yes, I hold him that high. Every piece of legislation or restrictions that appear, he makes it known or "News", advocates for the right side, and provides resources for people to use/support for that battle.

3. We have rules for a reason. When a thread opens where the entire context is a pissing contest about something asinine is just bad form. It looks bad on the OP, on anyone who feeds into it, and our community in general.

4. 2 Mods have commented in this thread, pointing it out, one who doesn't even like MAC. Think about that for a moment.

ETA: And number 5: What has the OP, or anyone critical of MAC (over the silly stuff like if his videos are scientific or not. When they clearly are not), provided to the community to help promote, build, and develop this industry and right?

Said very well. And I think this goes along with my rhetoric wonderfully.
    So I use the word silly and you now have a raging hard on for making me the biggest piece of shit known to man kind. Let's be real, I called his video "silly". That's my perception, and you've done nothing to change it. You've belittled me because of my perception.

Nothing about his video, him, or you got me worked up. Still hasn't. What you have done, is provide 0 inside on why the S80 failed. Your objective in this thread is clear to me, so I'm out.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The site guidelines were already posted on page 1 of this thread.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/faq.php?fa...q_new_faq_item
    1) Derogatory Remarks – Please do not post any comments that are intentional personal attacks against other members. (Including, but not limited to, name calling, comments of a racial, religious or sexual nature.) Debate is welcome and encouraged. Personal attacks, and name calling, serve no purpose in the exchange and debate of good information. Please be respectful to your fellow shooting enthusiasts whether they are new shooters or seasoned veterans.

What would make you laugh at members trying to follow and uphold them?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    The site guidelines were already posted on page 1 of this thread.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/faq.php?fa...q_new_faq_item
    1) Derogatory Remarks – Please do not post any comments that are intentional personal attacks against other members. (Including, but not limited to, name calling, comments of a racial, religious or sexual nature.) Debate is welcome and encouraged. Personal attacks, and name calling, serve no purpose in the exchange and debate of good information. Please be respectful to your fellow shooting enthusiasts whether they are new shooters or seasoned veterans.

What would make you laugh at members trying to follow and uphold them?
    I found it comical that someones "name calling" in response to a youtube personalties opinion being met with such angst. Not laughing at members upholding rules per say, just found this specific application of them a little thin skinned perhaps misguided and pointed that out. It was just my .2 not an indictment against this site, its rules, or any member.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 08-03-18 at 09:38.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I found it comical that someones "name calling" in response to a youtube personalties opinion being met with such angst. Not laughing at members upholding rules per say, just found this specific application of them a little thin skinned perhaps misguided and pointed that out. It was just my .2 not an indictment against this site, its rules, or any member.
    In turn, I find it very curious why there seems to be a lack of understanding that it's about having basic respect, showing common courtesy and stating things in a professional manner, especially about someone whose time and effort is being used as a basis for discussion. Whose video it was and who MAC is, is really secondary. While this is a public forum, and people are free to have their own opinions, there are site rules that are in place to help maintain the attitudes of professionalism and courtesy that the site owners want to maintain. All members on this forum have agreed to abide by its conditions when they sign up and join M4c, and should expect to be called out when they don't. Everyone's efforts in maintaining the quality of this site and its discussions is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by beschatten View Post
    So I use the word silly and you now have a raging hard on for making me the biggest piece of shit known to man kind. Let's be real, I called his video "silly". That's my perception, and you've done nothing to change it. You've belittled me because of my perception.

Nothing about his video, him, or you got me worked up. Still hasn't. What you have done, is provide 0 inside on why the S80 failed. Your objective in this thread is clear to me, so I'm out.
    ETA: I will just revel in the irony. Simply removed my post, ain't worth it.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 08-03-18 at 10:08.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    My personal long term goals for my collection is standardizing on 1911's, AR's, 870's, M1A's and pre-lock Smiths. If I truly only cared about pure reliability under harsh conditions then I could see standardizing on AUG's or AK variants with Glock handguns. However my view is that long term you are better off with domestically produced items that aren't dependent on foreign manufacturers and having widely available parts. The 1911 is one of the longest running firearms in history and there are tons of parts available for it. Plus it shoots nice and I like the trigger reset better than any other handgun.
    I think you would be pleasantly surprised by the reliability of the AR and 1911 in harsh conditions, especially when compared to a Glock and AK.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I think you would be pleasantly surprised by the reliability of the AR and 1911 in harsh conditions, especially when compared to a Glock and AK.
    I already collect Colt series 70 1911's and Colt mil spec style AR's.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-20-18 at 21:35.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast