Thread: Colt 1991 Gauntlet Test Results

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I like his video's, he seems like the decent type/
    I honestly didn't think it would make it from the beginning. The trigger mine came with was kind of cheap and it also came with a questionable magazine. I wonder how it would have fared after 1000 rounds or so had been fired through it first?
    I think he does "break in" his pistols. I didn't watch the whole video. My Colt super ran well new right out of the box but it runs better now with some light reliability modifications and about 7000+ rounds through it. But still, the government model isn't well sealed from the elements and the lowered/flared ejection port acts as a point of ingress for dirt/sand. With the hammer cocked the FP area would likely collect dirt too. Maybe if testing was done hammer down then cocked to start?
    If I were out in the field and I dropped my pistol - and I saw it fall - I would pick it up and brush it off. I did this once at the range, nobody else around I dropped it on to muddy grass upon re-holstering. It was empty but I was glad for the FP safety anyway. I brushed it off and no issues followed. But if I didn't see it fall, I was moving and it got pushed/stepped on into the sand/dirt/mud? Likely I wouldn't find it anyway.
    I find the tests interesting/entertaining and I still like my Colt 1911 and my revolvers which would never get close to passing these tests.
    Last edited by 1986s4; 07-13-18 at 13:46.