Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 1991 Gauntlet Test Results

Feedback Score
    OP I have a nice collection of series 70 Colt 1911's that are paired with my Colt AR's and M1A. Knowing the strength's and weaknesses of individual firearms within your collection is always valuable information. MAC brings that aspect of testing to the table with his videos. While I think 1911's are dated designs, I still wouldn't want a collection without them.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 07-10-18 at 21:14.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    I’m pretty certain that dude was a Marine Sniper. He is a huge advocate for the 2A and he puts out a ton of free content.
    He was in the Marine Corps as an MCSF guard (MOS 8152), according to his linkedin profile, and has never implied otherwise, to my knowledge.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I expect the S80 parts could cause some issues with extreme dirt and sand, that and the 1911 has several points of entry for such things. I have a Colt S80 .38 super that has successfully run two 2000 round no lube or cleaning tests and is currently on it's 3rd. Mainly because when I became aware I didn't need to clean it that often.... I stopped doing it. While I would not hesitant to abuse it in such a matter I also would not expect it to run the whole gauntlet. The government model just isn't sealed up enough. AR-15? That's a different matter.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    You post a link to a video that prompts some thought/discussion and call it silly? If you're going to post a link to a video that's providing you with some information that stimulates technical discussion, at least show the creator of the video some appreciation for his time and effort by not insulting him or his video.

If you don't know him, then that's all the more reason to show some common courtesy/respect.
    He put himself out there on Youtube looking like an idiot. Not me. When I can diagnose his first malfunction from a video and he didn’t know what it was, and then proceeds to play with his gun in tubs of various soil, he’ll get what he has coming. There is no value other than maybe entertainment to those videos. It’s attention whoring.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    He put himself out there on Youtube looking like an idiot. Not me. When I can diagnose his first malfunction from a video and he didn’t know what it was, and then proceeds to play with his gun in tubs of various soil, he’ll get what he has coming. There is no value other than maybe entertainment to those videos. It’s attention whoring.
    Well, seeing that you can diagnose the issue from just watching the video shows that it has informational value (to you). Just because you know something that someone else doesn't, doesn't make them an idiot, or else we'd all be idiots by definition. There's always someone who knows more than you.

Insulting or belittling others because you know something they don't, especially on a public forum, is attention whoring. You can point out your observations in a polite and professional manner per the guidelines on this site, or take a break.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I was more concerned when he dunked the gun into mud and sand that the stuff would get into the muzzle and cause him to blow up the barrel. I'll keep my mouth shut what I think of him, my buddy mm might chastise me. LOL.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    You post a link to a video that prompts some thought/discussion and call it silly? If you're going to post a link to a video that's providing you with some information that stimulates technical discussion, at least show the creator of the video some appreciation for his time and effort by not insulting him or his video.

If you don't know him, then that's all the more reason to show some common courtesy/respect.
    Maybe it's late and I am tired but I did not insult the man. I called his test silly because, well, it is. Just like how you and I think some newspapers write silly things, that does not forbid people from talking about it and understanding the data and information they have published - ultimately, coming to our own conclusion.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by beschatten View Post
    Maybe it's late and I am tired but I did not insult the man. I called his test silly because, well, it is. Just like how you and I think some newspapers write silly things, that does not forbid people from talking about it and understanding the data and information they have published - ultimately, coming to our own conclusion.
    Sure, newspapers write silly things, but we usually leave it at that. If I think a newpaper article is silly, I don't normally use its findings as a basis for serious discussion. That's what I found curious that you started out with "I care less about MAC and his silly test", then proceed to use it for technical discussion.

Can you explain why you think his test is silly (given the limitations of his resources)? By MAC's own admission, it's not a 'real' scientific test, but he does his best effort to control it so the only variables are the different weapons. It's not like he's stuffing jelly beans down the muzzle.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Mac does more for the 2nd amendment and firearm community than 99% of the population. The gauntlet test is to show how much it takes a firearm to fail. He also has hundreds of videos of old and modern weapons and his state of the 2nd videos. Whenever an infringement is starting to surface you will find him there actively fighting it, gathering troops and resources and showing real activism. What do you do?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like his video's, he seems like the decent type/
    I honestly didn't think it would make it from the beginning. The trigger mine came with was kind of cheap and it also came with a questionable magazine. I wonder how it would have fared after 1000 rounds or so had been fired through it first?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast