Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Colt 1991 Gauntlet Test Results

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I like his video's, he seems like the decent type/
    I honestly didn't think it would make it from the beginning. The trigger mine came with was kind of cheap and it also came with a questionable magazine. I wonder how it would have fared after 1000 rounds or so had been fired through it first?
    I think he does "break in" his pistols. I didn't watch the whole video. My Colt super ran well new right out of the box but it runs better now with some light reliability modifications and about 7000+ rounds through it. But still, the government model isn't well sealed from the elements and the lowered/flared ejection port acts as a point of ingress for dirt/sand. With the hammer cocked the FP area would likely collect dirt too. Maybe if testing was done hammer down then cocked to start?
    If I were out in the field and I dropped my pistol - and I saw it fall - I would pick it up and brush it off. I did this once at the range, nobody else around I dropped it on to muddy grass upon re-holstering. It was empty but I was glad for the FP safety anyway. I brushed it off and no issues followed. But if I didn't see it fall, I was moving and it got pushed/stepped on into the sand/dirt/mud? Likely I wouldn't find it anyway.
    I find the tests interesting/entertaining and I still like my Colt 1911 and my revolvers which would never get close to passing these tests.
    Last edited by 1986s4; 07-13-18 at 13:46.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I enjoy MACs "gauntlet" videos, but whats more entertaining is to visit the various brand specific forums to see the strutting/butthurt after a new one drops.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman View Post
    I enjoy MACs "gauntlet" videos, but whats more entertaining is to visit the various brand specific forums to see the strutting/butthurt after a new one drops.

MAC torture tested everyone's favorite sidearms- which I think to date only the Makarov, a Glock, and some Serbian P226 knock off passed. It goes to show doesn't matter how much you paid, there's always something cheaper and more reliable.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 07-14-18 at 12:51.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For gods sake MAC says in the videos that his tests aren't scientific and should not be used in your decision making on the guns used.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    For gods sake MAC says in the videos that his tests aren't scientific and should not be used in your decision making on the guns used.
    My sentiments exactly. He’s got quite a collection and I enjoy watching the gauntlet. Sometimes the rinse from the spigot will choke a gun. Weird how people react to his self professed non scientific testing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you consider the design, it is only logical that the 1911 design would have these issues.
    Just too many places for debris to accumulate, bind and stop the gun from performing.
    The 1911 is a work of art, however the design is well over a century old. Is it any wonder that 100 years later newer designs have improved performance?

Feedback Score
    Note to self: remove handgun before next mud wrestling session. On one video he joked about doing an indoor carpet lint gauntlet. I appreciate his videos. If you don't like them, don't watch them.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    I’m pretty certain that dude was a Marine Sniper. He is a huge advocate for the 2A and he puts out a ton of free content.
    Marine Corps Security Forces PRP
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The issues with the 1911 as others have said are pretty common. The design has a lot of opening for junk to get in and may be one of the reasons the military’s of the worlds are big on striker fired pistols?

Might be why they issued 1911’s in flap holsters?

Doesn’t make it a bad design but everything has limitations I guess.

Ed
    Last edited by ejr490; 08-01-18 at 21:47. Reason: Spelling

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    And a lanyard.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast