G&R Tactical
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite recipes for the family

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Sounds good, I'll give it a shot.
    Good recipe, but try adding a can of Campbell's Condensed French Onion Soup and it contributes a little more moisture while it cooks as well as more onion flavor.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    Thanks SteyrAUG for typing that all out. I will try it!

Feedback Score
    I am going to try papusas for the first time today. Any pointers? Not sure how I am going to get the dough thin enough and not fall apart before pan frying.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    I am going to try papusas for the first time today. Any pointers? Not sure how I am going to get the dough thin enough and not fall apart before pan frying.
    pupusa also used to love baleadas a bit dif
    used to get them from street vendors when I lived in Honduras all I know is the dough was not that thin compared to say USA style tortilas thin they were always a bit more thick but also very dense but tender seems the ones here are floury and yuck compared to those there
    when the ladies would pat them out with the hands so it was being held the whole time it was made or formed then throw down onto the metal so I think that should solved the fall apart making the dough so it holds together I know the dough looked quite shiny and lardy and their hands were kinda shiny when working with it
    also the one I went to almost daily her cook surface was a old oven door that was at the field where she set up then a burn barrel and she would just throw the old door on it wipe it off but I never saw her season it etc.. kinda why I also think there was a lot of lard in those as they never stuck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123