Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AWS LAB Belt Sizing?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    From what I’ve heard its near impossible to get in contact with them. My belt shipped within two or three days and had it within the week. No idea on leads for other stuff though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    I, too, am looking at one of these belts. I'm slim in the waist, I usually wear a 29 in jeans and a 28 in 5.11 type pants due to the built in stretch. Is the "28-30" indicated next to size small the size of the belt, or the waist size it's intended to fit?
    You need a small.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    Any body know of the best way to get in contact with these guys? I've sent them a message on IG, their e-mail form, and directly to their listed e-mail address over the past couple of weeks and haven't gotten any response. I'm trying to find out what their lead times are.

Thanks
    Call them.

910-488-2255
    Last edited by GTF425; 07-21-18 at 21:59.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    You need a small.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    Call them.

910-488-2255
    Ok good deal. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    For those of you who have one of these, do you remember how long it took you to receive your belt after ordering? I placed an order around the 1st of October and have still not received mine, nor have I received any e-mail receipt/confirmation. I've called them two or three times requesting an update and have just been getting a generic "should be shipping by the end of the week" or "should be shipping middle of next week" etc. I don't mind waiting but they listed nothing on their website about lead times and can't seem to give me a concrete answer. This will be used for a duty rig and in the mean time I'm stuck using a POS Uncle Mikes belt. I'm just looking for insight on whether I should try to wait it out or cancel my order and order something from Blue Alpha Gear or Ronin Tactics instead.

Regards

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I had mine in about two weeks if memory serves me correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Ok so not 12 hours after my earlier post I had a shipping notification from AWS and received my belt the next day (yesterday). To echo what was said above this thing is fantastic. I spent about 1.5 hours this morning getting it set up exactly how I want and it's awesome. I've got the following on mine: radio holder, HSGI double mag pouch, Taser X2 holder, OC holder, HSGI cuff holder, Safariland holster, key ring holder, and ASP baton scabbard. Because I no longer have to use keepers I'm able to keep everything on my hips and forward (minus the baton scabbard that sits just behind my holster). No more having stuff digging into my back when sitting. It's quite rigid and doesn't droop or sag even though I've got it front-heavy. To go from formerly having to wear all leather to this is a God-send. Already considering another one for non-duty use - pistol, rifle mag, pistol mag, and IFAK. Awesome product.
    Last edited by Bogart; 11-07-18 at 11:16. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    I have a couple of questions on this belt and others similar.

Is the inside belt the male or female side of the hook and loop?

Will the inside belt support an IWB holster for when you're not wearing the system?

To mount a Safariland holster do you need the molle panel or is there a better way to attach one?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    I have a couple of questions on this belt and others similar.

Is the inside belt the male or female side of the hook and loop?

Will the inside belt support an IWB holster for when you're not wearing the system?

To mount a Safariland holster do you need the molle panel or is there a better way to attach one?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    For the LAB belt, the inner belt is covered with loop (soft) Velcro. The outer belt is lined with hook (rough) Velcro, as are the inside of the MOLLE panels.

From what I can tell about using the inner belt as a belt for IWB holsters, I would say it’s doable, but you’ll need attachment hardware to fit over the 2” inner belt. My belt I use for concealment is 1.5” so I dont have any hardware that would work with this belt to try.

As for the holster you just thread the belt through the belt loops like any other belt. The outer belt is 1.75” wide, so if that works for your holster belt loops you’re good. My Safariland holster is equipped with their UBL so I just have the holster on the belt like any other holster on a belt. The MOLLE panels are more for attaching pouches. I have three, one for my double pistol mag pouch, one for my cuff pouch, and one for my radio holder that I have on order.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I am going to stop buying tactical belts based on their recommended through the pant loops advice as I sinch down the belt kind of tight to keep things in place while running. Ordered an AWS belt a while ago and the inner belt would go around me 1.5 times and had to strip out the layers of the outer belt to tighten down enough to stay snug as the smallest adjustment was not tight enough. I restiched it and has been holding up well but there is alot of excess adjustment belt folded up. I prefer the soft loop on the inner belt and hook on the outer belt as the loops wear out faster and is cheaper to replace. Good quality belt and cheap enough to get another in the right sizing.
    Last edited by joedirt199; 11-15-18 at 19:39.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast