Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: China trade war and NoRK nukes connectedness

Feedback Score
    according to the left global warming and all its issues

15 years ago when my wife was coming in and getting her green card I was hearing around 20 million and about 10 million of those were known the others were unknown but most all said reality is about 3-4x that ?

fact is we do not know and fact is all stats are usually faked big time by the left who is kinda in control of these stats

look how many mass shootings happen according to the left !

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I've heard the number is thirty million and I believe that's in the ballpark.
    There’s 12M in California alone.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't know where you guys get your information.

The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) says there are 12.5 million. https://www.fairus.org/issue/illegal...ants-are-in-us

FAIR is roughly one million higher in their estimate than the other groups that track illegal immigrant numbers:

FAIR assumes that there are 12.5 million illegal immigrants, over a million more than other organizations estimate (FAIR is inconsistent here as the number of illegal immigrants they report on page 34 is 12.6 million). Pew estimates there are 11.3 million illegal immigrants, the Center for Migration Studies (CMS) estimates that there are 11 million illegal immigrants, and the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) estimates there are 11.43 million illegal immigrants. FAIR’s estimate of the number of illegal immigrants is more than a million more than that of their sister organization, the Center for Immigration Studies, that also shares their goal of reducing immigration. https://www.cato.org/blog/fairs-fisc...fatally-flawed

If you'd give me a source for the larger claims, I'd be glad to take an open-minded look.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    https://nationaleconomicseditorial.c...al-immigrants/
    A working paper by Dr. Mohammad Fazel Zarandi from the Yale School of Management, coauthored by two other Yale professors, estimates that there are 22.8 million illegal immigrants in the United States.

This is over double estimates compiled by the Department of Homeland Security, which claims 11.1 million illegal aliens live in the US.

The paper’s abstract outlines some of the reasons why their estimate is both higher, and better than the current government statistics:

We apply standard operational principles of inflows and outflows to estimate the number of undocumented immigrants in the United States, using the best available data, including some that has only recently become available. We generate a lower bound for the number of undocumented immigrants using conservative parameter values that underestimate inflows and overestimate outflows.

Our lower bound is close to 17 million, 50% higher than the most prominent current estimate of 11.3 million, which is based on survey data and thus different sources and methods. Standard parameter values generate an estimate of 22.8 million undocumented immigrants, twice as large as the current estimate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think the inflow/outflow analysis of illegal immigration is a more truthful approach. If we rely on self answering surveys then we also have to believe there are only four gun owners in America, and boating accidents involving "armories" happen 100 times a day across the land. It seems the "about 10 million" illegals number has been used by politicos for decades, yet we get 700k coming in every year?

How many LEGAL Immigrants can't speak English? I would imagine most can get by. Yet we have entire schools now teaching in Spanish and many, many school districts providing ESL teachers and materials.

When I made friends with Vietnamese boat people in the early eighties they learned English right quick and their kids were forgetting Vietnamese already. The fact the Hispanics need tens of thousands of schools to teach in Spanish indicates a very large number of illegals to me at least. Way more than the apparently socially acceptable "about 10 million."
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    was doing my yard the other day in PHX its brutal but even getting old keeps me grounded in a bit of hard work etc..
    so many these days hire out my neighbors walk past getting mail say hello and was saying how the landscapers they use are having a hard time since its harder to employ the illegals and keep them here
    my neighbors are super liberal but nice old folks so they do not get into the hate crap and are good neighbors

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    so many these days hire out my neighbors walk past getting mail say hello and was saying how the landscapers they use are having a hard time since its harder to employ the illegals and keep them here
    Good! Maybe we can get back to kids delivering papers and mowing lawns for a double sawbuck.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    https://nationaleconomicseditorial.c...al-immigrants/
    A working paper by Dr. Mohammad Fazel Zarandi from the Yale School of Management, coauthored by two other Yale professors, estimates that there are 22.8 million illegal immigrants in the United States.
    Thanks for that. I read the article and I'll look in to the actual study.

The article mentioned anchor babies. My feelings are different on the subject than most of yours.

Much of life is determined by the birth lottery, where you are born, who you are born to.

From the beginning, folks born in the U.S. have been considered Americans. That is the way it should be. In that respect they won the birth lottery.

The way to handle the problem has several solutions:

1) When deporting the family they have the choice whether to sever parental rights and leave their children who are citizens;
    2) If the citizen children leave the country we ensure through fingerprints and DNA (or whatever) that we can positively identify them as a U.S. citizen;
    3) Give them travel documents - a passport if they are old enough - and ensure they can get them renewed at the American Embassy or Consulates;
    4) While abroad they have the same protections as does any American Citizen;
    5) They (not mom and dad) can return to the United States at anytime just the same as any citizen

This does a couple of things: 1) ensures continuation of our historical practices and the law; 2) allows us to eff with Mexico or any other country these citizens return to; 3) will cause aneurysms among the Democrats.

Never happen, though.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    How many LEGAL Immigrants can't speak English? I would imagine most can get by. Yet we have entire schools now teaching in Spanish and many, many school districts providing ESL teachers and materials.

When I made friends with Vietnamese boat people in the early eighties they learned English right quick and their kids were forgetting Vietnamese already. The fact the Hispanics need tens of thousands of schools to teach in Spanish indicates a very large number of illegals to me at least. Way more than the apparently socially acceptable "about 10 million."
    That and they are not here to assimilate. Like the meme I posted above the impoverished illegal aliens from Mexico and Central America are being exploited to make the southwest US into Aztlán / República del Norte via the Reconquista.

Or how The University of Texas at Arlington professor Dr. Jose Angel Gutierrez the founder of the NCLR (National Council of La Raza) puts it; "the browning of America".

Then there is always groups like Frente Nacionalista de México (Nationalist Front of Mexico) in play.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Immigration, while a worthy topic, is not this thread’s topic...

Trump doubled-down on Russia. Or is it isolating China? Or trolling? Or all three?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/20/opini...tis/index.html

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234