Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jp silent capture buffers

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)

Jp silent capture buffers

What do you guys think of jp silent capture buffers? I just bought a gun that had one installed. Are they reliable?

Feedback Score
    I put one in my first AR15 build (an 18in SPR) and it works as advertised. No noise and it gives the AR the feeling of shooting a bolt gun. I have 1500 rounds through it since I built it and no problems.
    "An MP5 is great inside of a house, but first you have to get to the house." Kevin Owens

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SCLBlack View Post
    I put one in my first AR15 build (an 18in SPR) and it works as advertised. No noise and it gives the AR the feeling of shooting a bolt gun. I have 1500 rounds through it since I built it and no problems.
    Please tell us how it makes your AR feel like a bolt action rifle??

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I run 2... 1 in a precision 5.56 gun with adjustable gas and 1 in a precision 6.5 creedmore gun with adjustable gas. Both with JP lightweight carriers as well. The overall combo is excellent. Smooth with excellent recoil management. I am sure if I would tune the spring and weights it would get even better.

I wouldnt expect MAJOR improvements or reductions in recoil simply by throwing one in and calling it done.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Please tell us how it makes your AR feel like a bolt action rifle??
    It removed the sound and the vibration of the buffer moving through the buffer tube. I'm sure lubing a regular buffer achieves the same effect.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My buddy had a lot of issues with his Mk12 build with one installed. Did lots of tweaking the buffer and his gas block to work just right with certain loads.

Switches it to a regular rifle spring and buffer and the rifle works perfectly with whatever ammo he puts in it.

To me it seems like it makes a very simple operating system way more complicated than it needs to be.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    It works.
    The A5 buffer system works better.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Other than the ridiculous reasons of removing the "sproing" and not needing to use a buffer retainer pin what does the system offer in improved functionality over a carbine buffer system?

Reduced recoil impulse(not just due to weight)? Lower carrier velocity? Reduced rate of fire? Reduced bolt bounce? Im genuinely curious.

Because if it does none of those things then you just wasted $140. Money you could have spent on an A5 which does all of those things.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 07-08-18 at 00:35.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    I use them in my guns with PDW stocks.

They function great but I wouldn't bother on any gun with a standard buffer tube.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast