Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jp silent capture buffers

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Other than the ridiculous reasons of removing the "sproing" and not needing to use a buffer retainer pin what does the system offer in improved functionality over a carbine buffer system?

Reduced recoil impulse(not just due to weight)? Lower carrier velocity? Reduced rate of fire? Reduced bolt bounce? Im genuinely curious.

Because if it does none of those things then you just wasted $140. Money you could have spent on an A5 which does all of those things.
    There you go again..... Bringing logic and common sense to the discussion.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    There you go again..... Bringing logic and common sense to the discussion.
    Im legitimately curious if people have observed functional improvements over a well tuned carbine system. Like they moved from a springco blue + H2 buffer to the JP system and saw a functional improvement.

The video was pretty vague on the actual benefits other than throwing your buffer retainer pin away which Im not going to do.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    It can be used with the buffer retainer. There is no functional improvement. It is best used on a gun like a suppressed 300 blackout where the noise is noticeable. I do not find it noticable on 556. It has its place in the world.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Other than the ridiculous reasons of removing the "sproing" and not needing to use a buffer retainer pin what does the system offer in improved functionality over a carbine buffer system?

Reduced recoil impulse(not just due to weight)? Lower carrier velocity? Reduced rate of fire? Reduced bolt bounce? Im genuinely curious.

Because if it does none of those things then you just wasted $140. Money you could have spent on an A5 which does all of those things.
    I would say just tossing the box stock silent capture spring doesnt do a ton, because its not supposed to. I believe its supposed to replicate a GI spring and an H buffer(I dont remember where I read that, its been several years).

BUT they sell springs and I believe different weights as well so you can tune it.

I like the two I have in the guns they are in because they are all tuned up. Would I put one in a combat carbine, no probably not.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The JP SCS is designed to be tuned to a specific load. It is adjustable to be used in concert with adjustable gas systems. It gives you the ability to tune the recoil impulse and reliability of a gun for what you are using it for. It really isn’t something that does much for the fighting type rifle. It is used very effectively in the competitive shooting world because it is nearly infinitely adjustable

Feedback Score
    I have been looking at these, and I have also been looking at the Armaspec Stealth recoil spring.

I'm trying to figure out which one, the JP Enterprises looks to be more "tuneable", but the Armaspec is less cost.

Has anyone else used the Armaspec Stealth recoil sping, has anyone used both?

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Finally got out and shot mine with the jp, and I can’t twll much of a difference to be honest with you.

If it wouldn’t have came with the gun I would never buy one. Not worth it in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’ve found more differences using a flat wire AR10 spring with a lightweight bcg and gas tune

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    I’ve found more differences using a flat wire AR10 spring with a lightweight bcg and gas tune
    I wouldn’t know where to begin to have hat done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12