Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 thoughts?

Feedback Score
    i love my 320. its got its drawbacks, height and mag prices being my biggest peeves, but other than that, its not perceivably "heavier" than other gats while shooting imo. its recoil impulse is sharp and predictable. the modularity is really something to take advantage of, mix n match for different occasions is really cool. the trigger is by far better stock than most imo, a trigger that doesnt need to instantly be upgraded like some others. its accurate and reliable, in the 5k rounds or so that ive put through it. if you are wondering about purchasing one, do it, you probably wont regret it

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    But drop safe problems are a show stopper. Hmmm... The SP and P series are the most drop safe pistols made.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbytucson View Post
    its not perceivably "heavier" than other gats while shooting imo.
    There aren't many mainstream duty / compact sized handguns that I feel are heavy while shooting them.

It's when they are on your belt, IWB 18 hours a day that little things like size, width, and weight add up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    There aren't many mainstream duty / compact sized handguns that I feel are heavy while shooting them.

It's when they are on your belt, IWB 18 hours a day that little things like size, width, and weight add up.
    true, ive never had to wear kit nor ever been on duty but i know the saying onces equals pounds is true so perhaps yah if i was in the position of carrying id opt for lighter weight aslong as its not at the trade off of reliability, but i think the p320 for competition or leo stuff in terms of weight

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Grabbed this post from a SOCOM guy. Thought it was pretty telling as to why the USA chose the 320.

"SOCOM went and bought a bunch of glock 19s. They bought them with the expectation that DOD would pick up the 19, as many of us did. This would allow SOCOM to access DOD program funds directly. They figured they could lead DOD/big army on guiding procurement. Or at least some in DOD felt that way. So a small part (rumor but very strong) of the SIG selection was to put SOCOM in its place by making them pay for a now SOCOM specific program, glock 19."

C4

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    SOCOM didn't buy 9mm Glocks -- they were transferred for free under The Economy Act from Justice and DHS via the General Services Administration (as surplus).

The Services provide whatever is service-common to its SOCOM components for free -- by law. If the Army's pistol is a 320 then the Army buys 320s for every Soldier in USASOC. Every USASOC Soldier will also get a 9mm Glock (paid for by SOCOM) if that's on their SOCOM-unique equipment list.

Feedback Score
    So….SOCOM prefers the G19? Would it raise a shitstorm if SOCOM went out and bought a bunch of G19X's on their dime?
    Last edited by Slater; 07-20-18 at 18:27.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    SOCOM has service-like purchasing powers under DOD Military Funding Program-11. SOCOM can buy whatever they want with the money budgeted to them from DOD by Congress. Every SOCOM program competes for SOCOM dollars between components (ARSOF, AFSOF, NAVSOF, MARSOF).

When you can get surplus Glocks for free from GSA, why buy 'em?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    SOCOM didn't buy 9mm Glocks -- they were transferred for free under The Economy Act from Justice and DHS via the General Services Administration (as surplus).

The Services provide whatever is service-common to its SOCOM components for free -- by law. If the Army's pistol is a 320 then the Army buys 320s for every Soldier in USASOC. Every USASOC Soldier will also get a 9mm Glock (paid for by SOCOM) if that's on their SOCOM-unique equipment list.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    SOCOM has service-like purchasing powers under DOD Military Funding Program-11. SOCOM can buy whatever they want with the money budgeted to them from DOD by Congress. Every SOCOM program competes for SOCOM dollars between components (ARSOF, AFSOF, NAVSOF, MARSOF).

When you can get surplus Glocks for free from GSA, why buy 'em?
    Great posts - Thanks!!
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

My updated thoughts I suppose. Mine's still running well post-recall.
    Last edited by Mrgunsngear; 07-22-18 at 14:49.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast