Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 thoughts?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    .Gov contracting is its own animal. Things don’t make sense out context.
    Yes indeed.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Thank you guys for all the great information! I’m sure a moderator will delete this as they don’t like it when I thank you guys for answering my question, as they think I am trying to sell something. But with your info I passed on the opportunity I had to purchase a p320. Thanks again!!!

Feedback Score
    I was an early buyer of a Sig P320 compact. It had the original fat trigger and bulky slide release. It shot stupid high at 15 yards so I called Sig customer service. They sent a shipping label with the warning that if it did not show the same behavior for them they would charge me shipping. Okay. I also had them change the slide release to the smaller one.

It also shot stupid high for them so they replace the sights and it was dead on. They paid for the shipping both ways and returned the gun in less than two weeks from the day I sent it. Pretty good CS I thought. I replaced the original fat trigger with an Apex flat trigger which greatly improved it for me.

I kept this gun for about 18 months and ran 1900+ rounds of mixed brands, bullet weights and bullet profile ammo through it. It never had one bobble. The Sig night sights were quite good, the trigger pull very good and the Apex flat trigger profile helped with my trigger control. I liked the gun, but finally sold it just before the hooray about the drop safety failure started.

I have two Gen4 Glock 19s and have owned about every generation of 19 that they had made up to Gen4. As another poster previously mentioned, the P320 is slightly larger than the G19, but only slightly. When in a holster on my hip I could tell little difference between the two. All Sig P series guns I have owned are fat in the slide but it has never been a deal breaker for me. I buy guns to shoot. And as far as actual shooting goes I liked the P320 better than my Glock 19s. And the P320 never, ever hit me with a hot empty which both G19s repeatedly did until I found an aftermarket fix for them.

I pay no attention to the supposed advantage of the huge aftermarket support for the Glock. Other than a sight change I leave my Glock stock. But apparently they are bad enough out of the box that many, many people have to buy other parts to improve their Glock. I don't. Out of the box the new P320s don't need any after market parts.

The only reason that I sold my P320 is that it is like every other Sig that I have owned. They just are not a favored handgun for me. I have never had one to fail to work correctly but I've also never learned to love one either. After a lot of shooting and 18 months I just have other handguns that I like better so I sold the Sig.

OP, I'm not brand loyal to any gun maker. I am pretty hacked at Glock for the BTF debacle, which they refused to acknowledge or fix so any new Glock 19 purchases are off the table for me. And I don't take the side of the haters or the fanboys in the current Sig debate. From my experience with that one 320 I found it to be very accurate, slightly better from both a rest and off-hand than either of my G19s. The trigger was better than any Glock I have owned or shot. The grip angle is a little too vertical for my own tastes whereas the Glock is too much of an angle. The M&P 2.0 compact nails the grip angle for me.

Good luck with your decision. The American shooter is blessed with a large number of handgun choices. The P320 is just one of them.
    Last edited by Helix12; 07-09-18 at 07:21.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kastl View Post
    The Sig P226 & the Beretta 92 both passed all testing to meet the standard for acceptance, and the Beretta was cheaper.
    Before Beretta was awarded the contact by the U.S. Government, relations with Italy were in the tank. Things smoothed over quickly right after.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    The whole "US-Italian secret agreement" theory has been going around since the contract was awarded. Who knows - it may be true, but the report reads as follows:

We found no evidence of a secret international agreement that may have influenced the selectron of Beretta in this procurement In 1978, the United States and Italy signed a Memorandum of Understanding m whrch they promised to fully consider all qualified mdustrial and/or government sources of conventronal defense equipment m each other’s countrres, SubJect to national procurement policy and criteria In doing so, they promised to ehmmate procurement barriers and use competitive bidding The agreement is a public document and IS srmilar to agreements that the Umted States had negotiated with other NATO allies.

Accordmg to the State Department Italian desk officer, the Italian government takes the agreement very seriously He sard that there was no doubt that the Italmn government was interested in the 9mm sale and had made its Interest known to the U S. government In addition, he pointed out that the Italian ambassador in Washington, D C , was very active on behalf of Italian commercla1 interests Such activities on the part of foreign embassies are routine In contrast to those of U S embassies, which are prohibited from promotmg American mlhtary products overseas.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Owned one, carried for about 5-6 months - P320C 9MM. Maybe 1K through mine, give or take.

(3) Longer, Taller, Wider, and heavier than a G19.

Wanted to like it more, but the size / weight were the big killer for me.

I shoot a G19 just fine, aftermarket stuff is far better, and you know Glock will be here in 10-20 years - obviously the P320 should be now, but at the time it hadn't been awarded the MHS contract when I went all G19 and move my P320C on.
    I want to justify buying an X-Carry, but the larger size of it compared to a G19, considering both have 4"-ish barrels is a turnoff for me. They should've figured out a way to cram a little longer barrel in that slide. I know mag capacity is 17 on the X, but I have no problem shooting G17 mags with my 19 and I'd rather have the gun smaller than being able to accept flush 17 round mags. I really like the whole package of the X-Carry, though.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If you want to like the P320, there is plenty to like. I bought the APEX trigger day 1 but never cared about the drop test. If you want to hate any gun, you can always justify it. I bought an FDE COMPACT and really liked it. Shot it better than the Tactical, but I finally bit the bullet and bought X5 frame and now I love it.

Guns are decent guns, I still love my HK’s , but have no issues with these guns. I have no real hate to any of the top end weapons. Lotta good kit available
    Last edited by Pappabear; 07-10-18 at 13:10.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Then there is the AK of the 9mm world...

The SIGPRO 2022. Get one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Then there is the AK of the 9mm world...

The SIGPRO 2022. Get one.
    Haven't heard that one mentioned in a while. Didn't realize they were still being made.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The AK of the 9mm world is either the G17 if referencing reliability or the P7 if referring to operating systems.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast