Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: P320 thoughts?

Feedback Score
    I've had my P320 Compact for over three years. I had Ameriglo Hack sights installed on it. JM Custom holster is what it rides in.

I did not send it back to Sig for the recall or whatever they call it. I'm completely happy with it the way it is.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    This is what they put in the box: https://www.sigsauer.com/store/holst...y-compact.html

It's a paddle. When worn on the belt, the grip is angled in toward the rib cage and the muzzle end points away from the body. It is the weirdest thing. I couldn't get the gun out unless I tilt my torso to the left (I'm right handed). It is really junk.
    Yup, those are junk. Looks like it may have been updated though. The ones I saw were marked exclusively for the 250, and were bad fits.

Quote Originally Posted by JaegerOne View Post
    I've had my P320 Compact for over three years. I had Ameriglo Hack sights installed on it. JM Custom holster is what it rides in. I did not send it back to Sig for the recall or whatever they call it. I'm completely happy with it the way it is.
    Good luck.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    P320 is a nice pistol, just get it upgraded or don't drop it on it's a$$.

Easy to shoot, especially compared to a Glock - if you don't shoot well with a 320, you need help.

If it works for you, go for it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    This is what they put in the box:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/holst...y-compact.html

It's a paddle. When worn on the belt, the grip is angled in toward the rib cage and the muzzle end points away from the body. It is the weirdest thing. I couldn't get the gun out unless I tilt my torso to the left (I'm right handed). It is really junk.
    I can't remember for sure but I believe that's the one that came with mine. It is a POS and went straight into the trash can, where it belongs.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    For those who use the P320, do you ever get used to the nearly vertical grip angle? I have a P250 compact and that grip angle is a downside to me. If I try to point the pistol with my eyes closed (in a safe dry-fire area), I end up having it pointing well below the intended target.

The X-frame appears to have a more conventional grip angle and shape. Can anyone put the two side by side and photograph them?

Also, have any companies (**cough** Magpul?) announced that they will be making an aftermarket grip frame for the P320 chassis?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    For those who use the P320, do you ever get used to the nearly vertical grip angle? I have a P250 compact and that grip angle is a downside to me. If I try to point the pistol with my eyes closed (in a safe dry-fire area), I end up having it pointing well below the intended target.

Also, have any companies (**cough** Magpul?) announced that they will be making an aftermarket grip frame for the P320 chassis?
    Interesting question. I'm new to the 320, the first few times I handled them at the gun store, I had no problem in getting a natural grip and sight picture, it did not feel awkward at all. I told a friend that I couldn't get use to the nearly vertical (your words) grip angle of the P365. He said if I didn't like the 365 grip angle, then I shouldn't like the 320. But that's not the case. I think the bigger 320 doesn't magnify the straight up grip as much as the little 365.

When I got a 320C, I dry fired it at home probably around 100 times and it was pretty natural. Taking it to the range and shooting for accuracy and testing reliability, the gun went easily to the point of aim with no too high or too low pointing issue.

As for an aftermarket grip/frame, it's only natural that the same company that make the P80 glock frames should be able to roll out 320 frames.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Wow straight grip angle. You can see how Glock has really impacted pistols. It use to be all other pistol shooters complain about the Glock angle being different. My understanding is the X carry is just flat sided and your hand goes deeper under the beaver tail. I’m issued a Carry model and have shot the Xcarry. I don’t see a difference in the grip angle. David

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Only reason I dont run at least a few Glocks is the grip angle. Only Reason. Ive never noticed any issues with grips on the Sigs. They all feel natural to me.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    Wow straight grip angle. You can see how Glock has really impacted pistols. It use to be all other pistol shooters complain about the Glock angle being different. My understanding is the X carry is just flat sided and your hand goes deeper under the beaver tail. I’m issued a Carry model and have shot the Xcarry. I don’t see a difference in the grip angle. David
    It would be goofy to make a improved grip with different grip angle. I was considering buying a X carry frame but just today I realized I would have to buy the 17 round mags, which killed that great idea.

David, thanks for there feedback

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    Wow straight grip angle. You can see how Glock has really impacted pistols.
    The Luger pistol has a much steeper grip angle than the Glock and was introduced in 1898. Old is new again, I guess. Also, the supposedly severe Glock grip angle is only 1-2 degrees more raked than the supposedly ideal 1911 grip angle. Here's one example, though I have seen slightly different angle measurements by others:

http://www.joeglock.com/wp/wp-conten.../02/Angles.png

If that measurement is accurate, the P320 is the outlier, since most people consider the 1911 very ergonomic and roughly middle of the road.

Here's another comparison that lacks the P320 but has others:

http://www.glovesandclover.com/1911/pistol-angles.jpg

Again the 1911 and Glock are very close (2 degrees here, 110 for the 1911 vs. 112 for Glock) with the CZ-75 being another 2 degrees more upright at 108, and then an older Sig along with the M&P and Hi-Power at 105. None of them close to the 100 measured for the P320 grip.

I shoot just fine with a Sig P226 but it appears that the P320 frame is a lot more upright, which puzzles me.
    For me, the 1911 and CZ-75 point perfectly, the Glock is raked more than ideal but fine if I use the sights, and the P250 I own works OK if I am very deliberate with grip and the sights, but it doesn't point naturally. I like the other features of the P320 - the modularity and trigger - so I'm really just focused on whether the X-frame or any aftermarket grip module will have a more standard (closer to 1911 & CZ) grip angle than the standard grip module. Like many of you, I've rotated through a dozen or more popular handgun types in trying to find what I like best. The 1911 is the best fit to my hand, but I realize that a 40oz pistol with 8rds and sometimes finicky reliability is not ideal for all-around.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast