Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friend Being Scammed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Friend Being Scammed

Hey Guys,

How can I check if someone is currently serving in the military? I have a friend that I believe is being scammed and this guy is feeding her a sob story and she's sending him money. What information do I need?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem View Post
    Hey Guys,

How can I check if someone is currently serving in the military? I have a friend that I believe is being scammed and this guy is feeding her a sob story and she's sending him money. What information do I need?
    Why doesn’t she just stop sending him money because he’s a phaggot? Why does it matter if he’s in or not? Phaggotry is phaggotry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Why doesn’t she just stop sending him money because he’s a phaggot? Why does it matter if he’s in or not? Phaggotry is phaggotry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately she's not listening to reason. She's too emotionally invested.

Feedback Score
    Wish I could help but I've never been in the military so I wouldn't even know where to start. That's probably my biggest regret in life is not serving my country. But I try to make it up the best I can by buying a military member's food when I can and at least thanking them for their service every chance I get. Fakers just piss me off...

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Unfortunately she's not listening to reason. She's too emotionally invested.
    If she is not listening to reason what makes you think exposing this guy as a fraud will make any difference in her investment?? Your best advice to her would be... I think you are getting forked and don't call me for help if you get forked.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It sounds like you might be pretty emotionally invested yourself. Most friendships like you have with her...they want you to be supportive, not interventional. If you expose the guy as a fraud, you are the one she's likely to be mad at.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    It sounds like you might be pretty emotionally invested yourself. Most friendships like you have with her...they want you to be supportive, not interventional. If you expose the guy as a fraud, you are the one she's likely to be mad at.
    True that.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    It's actually my wife's friend. She was asking if I could find a way to prove the guy's a fraud.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Hey Guys,

So she is involved in a long distance relationship with someone you think might be a loser??? What difference does it make if he is serving or not??

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I dont think there is anyway that just anyone can verify ones military service. Im not sure the police even know if they pull one over for speeding, until the service member produces an ID and tells them so in hopes of some leniency.

That said, based on experiences during my army years...the only soldiers that dont have money or more correctly so damn little money that they beg it from someone are either married lower EMs or shitbags. Often one and the same if theyre soliciting funds from an distant female.

If hes lying, which would my initial impression of the scenario, then he is of course a shitbag.

If he is actually in the service, the likely hood of him having it so bad that he requires the outside help screams "trouble ahead, turn around!" silver tongued shitbag thats shitbagged himself into a corner and looking for the next vine to get himself to safety on before his latest shitbagging lands him back in the 1st Sgts office.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast