Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friend Being Scammed

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtrock82 View Post
    I dont think there is anyway that just anyone can verify ones military service. Im not sure the police even know if they pull one over for speeding, until the service member produces an ID and tells them so in hopes of some leniency.

That said, based on experiences during my army years...the only soldiers that dont have money or more correctly so damn little money that they beg it from someone are either married lower EMs or shitbags. Often one and the same if theyre soliciting funds from an distant female.

If hes lying, which would my initial impression of the scenario, then he is of course a shitbag.

If he is actually in the service, the likely hood of him having it so bad that he requires the outside help screams "trouble ahead, turn around!" silver tongued shitbag thats shitbagged himself into a corner and looking for the next vine to get himself to safety on before his latest shitbagging lands him back in the 1st Sgts office.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
    I can tell he's a total shitbag from the whole situation. Dude's "stationed in Nigeria."
    He needs money for a sick child. Wife died from cancer not too long ago. "Lost a rifle, during a fire fight." And the army is making him pay for it.
    All kinds of other bullshit.

Tried to google any websites that can check service records, but I'm coming up empty.
    Can't seem to get on this website. https://scra.dmdc.osd.mil/

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    Sounds like one of your typical Nigerian scams. Did she meet this guy online?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wigbones View Post
    Sounds like one of your typical Nigerian scams. Did she meet this guy online?
    Yup, met online.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem View Post
    It's actually my wife's friend. She was asking if I could find a way to prove the guy's a fraud.
    Don't do it. No one will thank you for it.

Feedback Score
    tell your wife to cut ties and find a new friend IMHO life is to short to have friends like this

sorry if that sounds harsh but IMHO folks that are that stupid will end pulling your wife into something some day

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Definitely a scam. Ive taken several reports for very similar stories. It would be very hard to actually "prove" he is a scam to her, but she is definitely getting scammed. Maybe have her google "deployed soldier scams" or something like that and she can read about other people who were in the same type of "relationship".
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
    - Vernon Law
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I can't believe people actually fall for this stuff.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    This ain't rocket surgery for sure,
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    It sounds like your wife is clued in that this is not kosher. The chick sounds like she is a little bit off. Maybe a good time to use this as a wedge to get your wife to dump her as a friend.

What is it with chicks? Your wife’s friends thinks she can fix the situation for the deployed soldier. Your wife thinks she can fix her friend.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast