Thread: what should i put in my bug-out-bag?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Clothes for job interviews? Are you talking about bugging out or moving?

Canned foods are a terrible idea if you’re on foot. Buy some MREs, they don’t have a crazy long shelf life but they’re perfect for what they were made for. And building a bag without a plan is just wasting money. Come up with some reasonable scenarios, pick some locations that you’d actually move to if able, and they figure out what you’d need to get there. And if your location is 10 miles always but you can’t walk more than two miles without a break, nothing you can buy is going to mean shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Note, I did not say pack clothes for a job interview in a bug out bag. I used it as an example of the versatility of having cash available under the circumstances described. Also, while planning is absolutely critical, and fitness may be important, those were not topics asked about in the OP. Your useful contribution to this thread could be summed up with five words: "Canned food bad. MREs good."

There have been many recent events that have caused people to "bug out" - several hurricanes and large scale wildfires come to mind. It would be interesting to gather AARs from those individuals and ask them what they took, what they found was useful, and what they wish they had.
    Last edited by JeffM.; 10-22-18 at 03:29.