Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: what should i put in my bug-out-bag?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have watched a lot of BOB vids, but this is the first I have seen that gave a specific % of BW, which makes sense. Mine approx 18%, or 28lbs. My goal was under 30lbs, but I was not using a % of BW. His is a very lean approach to it, but he also has the training and experience to make the most of it. A good % of mine is water, and without that, probably closer to the lower end he recommends. Never hear of the Titon survivor cord. Tent stakes also makes sense!

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Weight is the crippling fact that most people do not understand (as stated before) and the other is having available cash. Cash is king at this point and most people these days don't have it, except for just a few. When the days become weeks then you will see the ugly in people, be ready to defend your self and what you have. Train and get things figured out, how to move with your load, and fight with you load. Consider walking from work to home with your BOB, for me it is 45 miles, and I have been training at 63 years of age and I can make it.

Feedback Score
    Folks that like to run around in flip-flops, get rid of them if things go bad you will be hurting to find protection for you feet. Injured feet, know you have a major liability on your hands.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alrick18 View Post
    Folks that like to run around in flip-flops, get rid of them if things go bad you will be hurting to find protection for you feet. Injured feet, know you have a major liability on your hands.
    Very true. But flip flops weigh so little, it doen't hurt to have a pair in the bag for when you stop to rest and air out the dogs.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alrick18 View Post
    I always make it a point to wear shoes/boots that I can walk long distances in. Even at work I forego the common loafers and normally wear a set of Blundstone boots that look great with khakis.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I have watched a lot of BOB vids, but this is the first I have seen that gave a specific % of BW, which makes sense. Mine approx 18%, or 28lbs. My goal was under 30lbs, but I was not using a % of BW. His is a very lean approach to it, but he also has the training and experience to make the most of it. A good % of mine is water, and without that, probably closer to the lower end he recommends. Never hear of the Titon survivor cord. Tent stakes also makes sense!

i saw this video as well, and i liked how he states the percentage of BW to BOB weight ratio. it made me think differently about what I should put in my pack.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I always make it a point to wear shoes/boots that I can walk long distances in. Even at work I forego the common loafers and normally wear a set of Blundstone boots that look great with khakis.
    Blundstone??? What kinds of boots are those? Got a pic/link? I do the same thing but along the lines of Salomon’s, making sure they don’t look like tennis shoes/sneakers has been the key for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Blundstone??? What kinds of boots are those? Got a pic/link? I do the same thing but along the lines of Salomon’s, making sure they don’t look like tennis shoes/sneakers has been the key for me.

I get mine from Sierra Trading Post for a fraction of the retail price. They have different kinds but I like these traditional lace up boots.

https://www.sierra.com/blundstone-la...~blundstone%2F
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    BOB bags / Get home home bags / Quick trip bags whatever the term are something that most here have in their vehicles, and supplies vary according to geographic locale. For the part of the year that I reside in Florida, I keep a small Adidas gym bag with a two changes of clothes, toiletries, a gallon zip lock with protein bars/pedialyte powder, water purification tabs, 1 liter water bottle, a first aid kit/meds in another gallon zip loc, another zip loc with multitool, fixed blade, flashlight, spare batteries, Bic lighters, and small candles.Portable cell phone chargers(stand alone),and a paperback book(s). Cash as well, +/- 2k-3k, a Glock 19, two spare 17rd mags and one 'happy' stick. In the trunk are also two 32 pack of 16oz water bottles, in case I need to stay at hotel in between properties. Gas tank never below 3/4 full. I own two properties, one on the beach, the other inland and northwest about 50 miles apart. If I need to fly north, given severe hurricane issues, homes secured and the non-TSA approved items are left in one of them,
    and my 'carry on' just goes in the overhead.
    Last edited by Evel Baldgui; 08-04-19 at 20:59. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I get mine from Sierra Trading Post for a fraction of the retail price. They have different kinds but I like these traditional lace up boots.

https://www.sierra.com/blundstone-la...~blundstone%2F
    Those are really nice looking boots. I’ve been debating this Merrill, but the last couple of pair I’ve had, while super comfortable just didn’t hold up as well as older pairs used to.
    Merrell Men's Sugarbush Braden MID Leather Waterproof Fashion Boot, Oak, 12 M US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078NG6KV8..._oxpsDb23DX4J4

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast