Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: what should i put in my bug-out-bag?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker753 View Post
    Yeah, a BOB situation would be for a couple days, weeks at best. You're not living much longer than this on the contents of a bag and on the ammo you can carry on yourself unless you're Bear Grylls himself and happen to be by chance in a rural place with a good climate, lots of fruits and animals, not too much disease sources, and something important in a SHTF scenario, not too many refugees.
    This will,, unless you're extremely lucky, NOT happen.
    If you're aiming for a short-ish scenario, then your BOB is your best friend. Mine has lots of things, inside, but the most important are a small inflatable mattress (you can get a hammock instead if you're sure you have a place to hang it. You need to be insulated from the ground at night), a water filtrating straw, an E-tool, a good poind of medicine for most common diseases and small wounds, and a dynamo for electricity, which can be turned by hand or installed near a stream so that water makes it spin for you.

If you want to survive for months if not years, you don't need a BOB, you need to buy a big house or villa, something like this if we're talking about the US. Get family and friends to defend it and grow food, make sure you've got an engineer and a doctor in the lot, and bring reloading kit. But this has a little downside as it will literally cost millions and millions. The other downside is that other solutions are not ideal and will not guarantee your survival.

But hey, on the bright side, I don't see a catastrophic situation lasting for years, unless there's an ongoing war exactly where you're leaving (and then you should leave ASAP) or something like that, there will be some form of society that will emerge after not too long.
    To me, my BOB/GHB is just that, get me from point A to point B. I have just enough supplies to last me 3 to 7 days (if I conserve on the supplies). I think a lot of people have been planning for a "Book of Eli" or "Walking Dead" scenario, which is to much fantasy for me. Since I live in Los Angeles, I am prepping for an 7.0+ Earthquake, because i may need to walk home if the roads are destroyed, but I am prepped for a "Fear of the Walking Dead" scenario, where I will have to survive from a lot of hippie or Kumbaya zombies...

Feedback Score
    In all my vehicles, I have a Get Home Bag and can also be a Bug Out Bag. I live in the out skirts of Los Angeles and work in LA, so my equipment is more geared for the city. What I have in all bags:
    All this equipment in bold is in Maxpedition Beefy Pocket Organizer
    1. fire starter, either a lighter or fire rod.
    2. sawyer water filter
    3. Jones Stephens 4-Way Valve Stem Lawn Faucet Key
    4. a ZT or Spyderco 4 inch bladed knife
    5. 12 feet of duct tape
    6. compass and map of LA
    7. Olight flash light with 3 pairs of CR 123 batteries
    8. bandanna and Shemagh (In the
    9. medical kit with trauma shears in a Maxpedition First Response Pouch
    10. 6 cliff bars and SPAM packs (YUCK!!) in a Cannae Utility pouch
    11. 25 feet of Paracord
    12. 2 spare magazines for a Glock 17 and SIG P320
    13. pair of boxer briefs and pairs of sock
    14. 40 ounch water container
    15. Multi-tool
    16. hand crank radio

And all this is in a Cannae Legion elite.

extra in the car i have
    1. 55" X 90" pouncho
    2 .extra pair of pants and shorts for my and the wife
    3. hiking shoes for both
    4. 2 pairs of underwear and socks for both

may sound a lot but it fits in the packs and is right at 27 pounds. now if I would to move to more in the country or just to travel, my equipment will change.

It is a good list.But, I prefer to buy tactical backpack like this https://tacticalreviews.org/. You have to carry lots of things. So, quality backpack most important equipment that you consider to buy.
    Last edited by luanakates; 12-13-18 at 07:09.

Feedback Score
    Imodium for when what you eat and drink doesn't work out so well.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    I keep it in my bags, and also in my admin pouches on my rigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    I tried eating some emergency long shelf life food for lunch one day as a test. I only got indigestion, but I can see how in an emergency strange food and water plus stress when you need to be feeling at the top of your game can be a serious issue.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I tried eating some emergency long shelf life food for lunch one day as a test. I only got indigestion, but I can see how in an emergency strange food and water plus stress when you need to be feeling at the top of your game can be a serious issue.
    I was posing a question about Imodium to couple of my friends who are very knowledgeable medical pros. I questioned if diarrhea is the bodies way of allowing a virus or even bad food to be expelled out of your body, and they confirmed it is. So then I asked “Is it wise to slow that process down?”
    Based on their comments, hydration is the key. If staying hydrated using clean water is a problem, then Imodium might be the best route, however if clean water is abundant and you have access to it, it may be better to let the body run its course.

I’m am by no means a medical professional, just regurgitating the info my brothers shared with me. They, however are qualified professionals on top of their game.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Good point. Nature calls, you find a discrete place to let it out. Leter when you get home you can continue to expell what need to come out. But in between you need to be dry while walking briskly. Perhaps an adult diaper should be in the kit.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    that is in my work bag. I use a Direct Action Dragon egg pack that is more set up as a BOB/GHB. My pack mimics my BOB in my vehicles, so if i can't get to my vehicle, at least I can survive with my work bag. I carry all my meds in my work bag which includes allergy bills, Imodium, Advil extra contacts, contact salutation, along with my medication. Also, I have personal butt wipes, that are individual packs, which saves room.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Good point. Nature calls, you find a discrete place to let it out. Leter when you get home you can continue to expell what need to come out. But in between you need to be dry while walking briskly. Perhaps an adult diaper should be in the kit.
    Nah, I’ll just walk around buck-ass naked.

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    That works well in the heat, just be sure to have sunblock. Also, sprinting can be uncomfortable.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast