Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: what should i put in my bug-out-bag?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    BOB bags / Get home home bags / Quick trip bags whatever the term are something that most here have in their vehicles, and supplies vary according to geographic locale. For the part of the year that I reside in Florida, I keep a small Adidas gym bag with a two changes of clothes, toiletries, a gallon zip lock with protein bars/pedialyte powder, water purification tabs, 1 liter water bottle, a first aid kit/meds in another gallon zip loc, another zip loc with multitool, fixed blade, flashlight, spare batteries, Bic lighters, and small candles.Portable cell phone chargers(stand alone),and a paperback book(s). Cash as well, +/- 2k-3k, a Glock 19, two spare 17rd mags and one 'happy' stick. In the trunk are also two 32 pack of 16oz water bottles, in case I need to stay at hotel in between properties. Gas tank never below 3/4 full. I own two properties, one on the beach, the other inland and northwest about 50 miles apart. If I need to fly north, given severe hurricane issues, homes secured and the non-TSA approved items are left in one of them,
    and my 'carry on' just goes in the overhead.
    Cash: what mix of denominations? Sometimes I have trouble getting people to take a $50 for a $10 meal.
    Last edited by Pi3; 08-06-19 at 10:37.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    Cash: what mix of denominations? Sometimes I have trouble getting people to take a $50 for a $10 meal.
    I keep a mix of ones, fives, tens, and a couple twenties. Nothing bigger; I too have had problems spending a $50 even at the grocery store that gave it to me!

When I was stationed in the Philippines I worked at a remote radar site and we had an evac plan through the mountains to the sea. Part of our kit was small denomination pesos because we figured you couldn't spend the larger bills in a small village and that the NPA would be able to ID anyone helping us because they'd suddenly have large bills.

Feedback Score
    Mostly 20’s with some 50’s .... never had a problem with individuals/businesses accepting cash.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Those are really nice looking boots. I’ve been debating this Merrill, but the last couple of pair I’ve had, while super comfortable just didn’t hold up as well as older pairs used to.
    Merrell Men's Sugarbush Braden MID Leather Waterproof Fashion Boot, Oak, 12 M US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078NG6KV8..._oxpsDb23DX4J4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Those look a little more sturdy than the Blundstones. The ones I have are not true hiking boots but they are waterproof (with treatment), the soles are thicker and they are extremely comfortable for long walks along with looking good in the office.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chingon View Post
    In all my vehicles, I have a Get Home Bag and can also be a Bug Out Bag. I live in the out skirts of Los Angeles and work in LA, so my equipment is more geared for the city. What I have in all bags:
    All this equipment in bold is in Maxpedition Beefy Pocket Organizer
    1. fire starter, either a lighter or fire rod.
    2. sawyer water filter
    3. Jones Stephens 4-Way Valve Stem Lawn Faucet Key
    4. a ZT or Spyderco 4 inch bladed knife added a gerber Strong Arm knife
    5. 12 feet of duct tape
    6. compass and map of LA
    7. Olight flash light with 3 pairs of CR 123 batteries
    8. bandanna and Shemagh
    9. medical kit with trauma shears in a Maxpedition First Response Pouch
    10. 6 cliff bars and SPAM packs (YUCK!!) in a Cannae Utility pouch
    11. 25 feet of Paracord I added a 100 feet of Paracord
    12. 2 spare magazines for a Glock 17 and SIG P320
    13. pair of boxer briefs and pairs of sock
    14. 40 ounch water container
    15. Multi-tool
    16. hand crank radio

And all this is in a Cannae Legion elite.

extra in the car i have
    1. 55" X 90" pouncho
    2 .extra pair of pants/shorts and shirts/sweaters for me and the wife. depending on the time of year.
    3. hiking shoes for both
    4. 2 pairs of underwear and socks for both

may sound a lot but it fits in the packs and is right at 27 pounds. now if I would to move to more in the country or just to travel, my equipment will change.
    I have made some minor changes, and removing some items but my pack is still weighing ~27 lbs. where I am shooting for 20 lbs.

Feedback Score
    I have made some minor changes, and removing some items but my pack is still weighing ~27 lbs. where I am shooting for 20 lbs.
    Curious on what the lawn faucet key is for?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    Curious on what the lawn faucet key is for?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    It is to retrieve water from a faucet that does not have a turn on/off valve. Maybe you can remember seeing faucets at school without a turn on/off valve.

Feedback Score
    It is to retrieve water from a faucet that does not have a turn on/off valve. Maybe you can remember seeing faucets at school without a turn on/off valve.

Ah, smart idea

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789