Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 Strong (film)

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

12 Strong (film)

Interesting casting. Bruckheimer. Could be enjoyable.

12 Strong on YouTube

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    Interesting casting. Bruckheimer. Could be enjoyable.

12 Strong on YouTube
    I thought Michael Bay would butcher 13 hours, but I felt that turned out very good.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Great book. Hope it's half as good as the book.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    The shooting from the hip on horseback in the trailer might have bugged me
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Lol. Yeah, I saw that, shrugged, said "it's a movie."

Feedback Score
    Not sure if they combined the stories of a few A-Teams or if it is about one specific team, but a woman I used to work with's husband was the XO (warrant) on the first team into Afghanistan. He was a 5th Group guy. In fact, not too long after OEF went down Time magazine did an article on his team and only used first names. Sure as hell, it mentioned the team's warrant was XXXX, which was his name. I've met him before and he was pretty cool. He's retired now and they no longer live near Ft. Campbell.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I'll see the movie. I didn't read the book that this movie was based on but I read the book "First In". It was written from the viewpoint of the CIA team led by Gary Schroen that was sent to Afghanistan right after 9/11. They were the first Americans to go in, flown in rickety old Russian helicopters. To get ready, they went to REI to buy their cold weather equipment and other needed supplies. Their official knives were Kershaw flippers (didn't say the exact model), their sidearms were Browning Hi Power (who said HP are antique) and their rifles were AK with folding stocks.

A friend recommended the book and it was a good read.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    This. Really hope they don't butcher it.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I'll see the movie. I didn't read the book that this movie was based on but I read the book "First In". It was written from the viewpoint of the CIA team led by Gary Schroen that was sent to Afghanistan right after 9/11. They were the first Americans to go in, flown in rickety old Russian helicopters. To get ready, they went to REI to buy their cold weather equipment and other needed supplies. Their official knives were Kershaw flippers (didn't say the exact model), their sidearms were Browning Hi Power (who said HP are antique) and their rifles were AK with folding stocks.

A friend recommended the book and it was a good read.
    That, too, was a good book.

One of my buddies, a fellow corpsman with whom I went to amphib recon school who ended up with first force recon, said the same thing about the post-Oct 7 (when we started bombing Astan) workup: they all went to REI and local sporting goods stores with their GCCs, bought all sorts of OTS gear; mainly GPS, thermal skivvies, Jetboil stoves, etc. If it wasn't black, they painted it black. We didn't get to spend government $ on civvy goodies, but if we bought it and it looked remotely "tactical," leadership turned a blind eye.

Anywho, that, too, would make a great movie (maybe Netflix miniseries??)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Pappabear and I were irritated by that. I won't go see it in the theater.... but I don't go see anything in the theater anyway.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast