G&R Tactical
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Oh, please let this happen

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    T E X A S
    Posts
    17,949
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    She's done; stick a fork in her.
    I know it, you know it, and the American people know it but she is a malignant narcissist who has no concept of reality.



    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    This chick might be the most dangerous person in America right now and she's getting a free pass on her BS.


    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...candidate.html



    Go to the 7:20 mark and listen to what she is for, in summary major Socialism.

    She is only as dangerous as she is allowed to be.

    The ideology of those who voted for her and the overwhelming support of her by the Fourth Estate is the real danger.
    "You're living on a tax farm as free range humans . . ."

    "The Trump election will be the biggest **** YOU! ever recorded in human history and it will feel good." — Michael Moore

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,392
    Feedback Score
    0
    Is the military duty bound to defend the country if it is taken over by Communists and Socialists inside the government? I've often wondered this but they allowed Obama to run the country along with his entourage of socialist Marxists- so not sure anymore.
    Last edited by 7n6; 07-11-18 at 17:07.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    21,659
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Is the military duty bound to defend the country if it is taken over by Communists and Socialists inside the government? I've often wondered this but they allowed Obama to run the country along with his entourage of socialist Marxists- so not sure anymore.
    Didn't stop anyone in the 1930s and that is probably the MOST socialist this government has ever been. The only good thing about Germany's example with national socialism is that it forced the US and the UK to question the socialism that we were engaged in and caused a course correction.

    Had we not come face to face with a real world example of what happens when a modern, industrial country places the state and or leader / party above the individual or even the population as a whole we'd have probably gone down a very dark road.

    We had fully embraced eugenics (the Germans actually borrowed the idea from the US / UK examples) and if a court declared you indigent you could be forcibly sterilized. FDRs "new deal" socialism established the groundwork for LBJs later welfare state. FDR also gave us a non voluntary ponzi scheme called social security and people are actually dumb enough to think it's some kind of government stipend and don't realize it's only a partial refund of all the money they have taken from you during your entire working life.

    If everyone could actually drop their social security deduction into a basic IRA they would all do a lot better. But the government doesn't give you that option and they take your money, invest it for decades earning interest for them and if you happen to live past 65 they will start to give you some of your money back but most people don't even receive the interest potential let alone any of the original principal funds.
    It's hard to be a ACLU hating, philosophically Libertarian, socially liberal, fiscally conservative, scientifically grounded, agnostic, porn admiring gun owner who believes in self determination.

    Chuck, we miss ya man.

    كافر

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,188
    Feedback Score
    0
    “Everyone” and “all” is quite a stretch when it come to people doing a “lot better.”

    Even once all the various oxygen thieves and various shitstains are taken out of the equation, we have a lot of life long workers who will never pay as much into the system as they get out of it. There is a good chance all but the absolute most afffluent could cover their medical costs in the payments as well.
    Last edited by ramairthree; 07-12-18 at 16:30.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    6,346
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    If everyone could actually drop their social security deduction into a basic IRA they would all do a lot better. But the government doesn't give you that option and they take your money, invest it for decades earning interest for them and if you happen to live past 65 they will start to give you some of your money back but most people don't even receive the interest potential let alone any of the original principal funds.
    So how would that happen? Under the current system, in 2018, the total deduction is 12.4% for SSI and 2.9 for Medicare, divided equally between employer and employee, unless self employed.

    Would the worker get the entire percentage to invest as they see fit? Or, would the employer not be required to pay in?

    I believe one of the problems discussed regarding this plan would be that lower-paid workers would be extremely conservative in their investments and not have enough to sustain them in retirement.

    If that is the case, our society being what it is, there would still need to be a safety net.
    "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse." - Henry Ford

    “You are responsible for your actions, but the world doesn’t turn around you, so it’s important that you find something bigger than yourself to work for, a way for you to make a difference.” - Drew Dix, MOH VN '68

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,392
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    So how would that happen? Under the current system, in 2018, the total deduction is 12.4% for SSI and 2.9 for Medicare, divided equally between employer and employee, unless self employed.

    Would the worker get the entire percentage to invest as they see fit? Or, would the employer not be required to pay in?

    I believe one of the problems discussed regarding this plan would be that lower-paid workers would be extremely conservative in their investments and not have enough to sustain them in retirement.

    If that is the case, our society being what it is, there would still need to be a safety net.

    None of it matters, they've borrowed so heavily against it that social security will default within the next couple decades.
    Last edited by 7n6; 07-12-18 at 22:57.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •