Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handgun holster for use in combination with plate carrier/chest rig

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Question Handgun holster for use in combination with plate carrier/chest rig

So here is my situation.

I'm 6'1" 205lbs, athletic. I use either a PC or chest rig with 8 mag pouches in combination with a HSGI padded molle battle belt. I currently have a G17 Mission First holster on the right hand side of the belt. Whenever I draw from the holster while wearing all of this, my pistol hand hits the PC/chest rig and I need to contort my body to the left and push my right hip out in order to draw the pistol. This is bad for several reasons and I need to be able to draw my pistol without getting hung up on PC/chest rig.

I know I could use a drop leg holster, but those come with other issues. I'd much prefer a belt holster w/ molle attachment that allows me to draw smoothly. Here's what I would like in the holster:

-G17
    -Kydex (or something similar)
    -Level 2 retention
    -Molle Compatible
    -Sits low, but not a thigh holster
    -Offset away from the body

I used the search function and didn't find exactly what I was looking for. Any insight?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Is there a reason you can’t attach a Safariland duty style holder to the belt itself instead of usukng the MOLLE? Say like the 6395 with a QLS?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No plate carrier, but use a chest holster positioned similar to an M3/M7 holster that uses a Safariland QLS receiver so I can pop the holster off and stick it on a belt mounted QLS. Would it be possible to bolt a QLS receiver on to your rig or stick a QLS receiver on an MLS fork?

Feedback Score
    If I understand correctly this is for church security. If so, then they have you with way to many mags.

Here is what I carry for synagogue security, which has to be carried covertly. Mini Uzi with 1 25 round mag, 2 32 round mags with a clip holding them together in a L. This is backed up with mt CZ P07 with 2 17 round mags.

The current threat level in the USA, tells me that you would face a single terrorist and not a group of them.
    For 1 terrorist you don't need 9 mags, unless you are a terrible shot.

If the threat level changes, I would rather have more shooters than more mags on my side if faced with multiple attackers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    9 mags on you is a lot. What is the reasoning behind that?
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    If I understand correctly this is for church security. If so, then they have you with way to many mags.

Here is what I carry for synagogue security, which has to be carried covertly. Mini Uzi with 1 25 round mag, 2 32 round mags with a clip holding them together in a L. This is backed up with mt CZ P07 with 2 17 round mags.

The current threat level in the USA, tells me that you would face a single terrorist and not a group of them.
    For 1 terrorist you don't need 9 mags, unless you are a terrible shot.

If the threat level changes, I would rather have more shooters than more mags on my side if faced with multiple attackers.

The program is for literally anyone, not limited to church security. However, there are church security groups who receive training there, in addition to LE agencies, private contractors, private security groups, and your average joe. That said, the 9 mags are not for church security. I'm unaware of anyone who would use this many mags for that purpose. They are for running dynamic rifle stress drills which require multiple reloads.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    9 mags is still excessive for that. When you consider the weight , real estate taken / overall footprint...it becomes a bulky mobility inhibitor that is not conducive for effective training in movement and varied shooting positions

I understand the program may want 9 mags loaded for training iterations and no down time for mag loading, can you not keep most of those mags in a bag and swap out between courses of fire?

Feedback Score
    The molle covers the belt, so I don’t think so. Will check when I get home just to make sure.

Sent from my iPhone

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It should have a slot to mount holsters directly to the belt. Look at the bottom of the MOLLE for a seam.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Handgun holster for use in combination with plate carrier/chest rig

I use one of these, but I’m using the HSGI belt with micro pad. No complaints yet. I don’t know if it will work with your setup.
    http://rcsgear.com/drop-offset-kit/
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 07-10-18 at 16:48.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    First, why are you carrying eight mags? Most dudes on deployment carry six on them and one in the gun, max. Second, Safariland ALS with a variety of mounting options. I prefer the G-Code MULE since I had the same issue as you (except with side plates instead of mags) but they have an optimal drop mount option and there is also the S&S precision mount that is adjustable. The G-Code RTI or Safariland QLS/QMS(?) is probably the most stand off that you’re going to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast