Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handgun holster for use in combination with plate carrier/chest rig

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    9 mags on you is a lot. What is the reasoning behind that?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No plate carrier, but use a chest holster positioned similar to an M3/M7 holster that uses a Safariland QLS receiver so I can pop the holster off and stick it on a belt mounted QLS. Would it be possible to bolt a QLS receiver on to your rig or stick a QLS receiver on an MLS fork?

Feedback Score
    If I understand correctly this is for church security. If so, then they have you with way to many mags.

Here is what I carry for synagogue security, which has to be carried covertly. Mini Uzi with 1 25 round mag, 2 32 round mags with a clip holding them together in a L. This is backed up with mt CZ P07 with 2 17 round mags.

The current threat level in the USA, tells me that you would face a single terrorist and not a group of them.
    For 1 terrorist you don't need 9 mags, unless you are a terrible shot.

If the threat level changes, I would rather have more shooters than more mags on my side if faced with multiple attackers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    9 mags on you is a lot. What is the reasoning behind that?
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    If I understand correctly this is for church security. If so, then they have you with way to many mags.

Here is what I carry for synagogue security, which has to be carried covertly. Mini Uzi with 1 25 round mag, 2 32 round mags with a clip holding them together in a L. This is backed up with mt CZ P07 with 2 17 round mags.

The current threat level in the USA, tells me that you would face a single terrorist and not a group of them.
    For 1 terrorist you don't need 9 mags, unless you are a terrible shot.

If the threat level changes, I would rather have more shooters than more mags on my side if faced with multiple attackers.

The program is for literally anyone, not limited to church security. However, there are church security groups who receive training there, in addition to LE agencies, private contractors, private security groups, and your average joe. That said, the 9 mags are not for church security. I'm unaware of anyone who would use this many mags for that purpose. They are for running dynamic rifle stress drills which require multiple reloads.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    9 mags is still excessive for that. When you consider the weight , real estate taken / overall footprint...it becomes a bulky mobility inhibitor that is not conducive for effective training in movement and varied shooting positions

I understand the program may want 9 mags loaded for training iterations and no down time for mag loading, can you not keep most of those mags in a bag and swap out between courses of fire?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    9 mags is still excessive for that. When you consider the weight , real estate taken / overall footprint...it becomes a bulky mobility inhibitor that is not conducive for effective training in movement and varied shooting positions

I understand the program may want 9 mags loaded for training iterations and no down time for mag loading, can you not keep most of those mags in a bag and swap out between courses of fire?

They did recently lower it to 7 mags. Also, I didn't design the program or the drills, so I'm not here to defend it. You're more than welcome to bring your opinion up with the owner who is a combat vet with 15yrs of experience on the SEAL teams. Regardless, I can say that my movement, response times, accuracy, reload times, transition times, etc have all drastically improved.

Feedback Score
    I didn't look at the drills or anything else with the program. I just offered my opinion based on 25 years of combating terror in Israel. I have had my wars both in the ME and in Africa.

What I would carry to war, is not needed to defend a church or synagogue in the USA against a terror attack. I say if you have improved following their program, then great. I just don't see the need for that much ammo.

I have seen an ultra Orthodox Jew with a Star PD with a total of 6 rounds kill 1 of 4 terrorist that wanted to hijack a bus in Jerusalem. The other 3 terrorist fled. We caught up with them and finished the job within minutes. I fired a total of 7 rounds in the incident.

Not saying I want to carry only 5 to 7 rounds. But I think 85 to 90 rounds in your shoulder fired weapon backed up with a pistol with 35 to 50 rounds should be more than enough to stop the type of attack that today might be possible in the USA.

As stated earlier my shoulder fired weapon is a mini Uzi, because of the need for being covert. 26 rounds in the gun, and then 2 32 round mags on top of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I didn't look at the drills or anything else with the program. I just offered my opinion based on 25 years of combating terror in Israel. I have had my wars both in the ME and in Africa.

What I would carry to war, is not needed to defend a church or synagogue in the USA against a terror attack. I say if you have improved following their program, then great. I just don't see the need for that much ammo.

I have seen an ultra Orthodox Jew with a Star PD with a total of 6 rounds kill 1 of 4 terrorist that wanted to hijack a bus in Jerusalem. The other 3 terrorist fled. We caught up with them and finished the job within minutes. I fired a total of 7 rounds in the incident.

Not saying I want to carry only 5 to 7 rounds. But I think 85 to 90 rounds in your shoulder fired weapon backed up with a pistol with 35 to 50 rounds should be more than enough to stop the type of attack that today might be possible in the USA.

As stated earlier my shoulder fired weapon is a mini Uzi, because of the need for being covert. 26 rounds in the gun, and then 2 32 round mags on top of it.
    You Israeli's know what you are doing in terms of security. I am part Jewish and have respect for your country. I personally would not carry 200+ rds of ammo for a security job, I agree with you there.

I have an acquaintance named Oded who is a retired IDF Brigadier General. May be headed down there next spring for a visit.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    +1 on Safariland ALS

Feedback Score
    Sorry this is pretty late to the party.

To better clear your plate carrier you can move a holster either out, or down.

Mounting a Safariland ALS holster with an MLS molle locking fork would get it onto your belt, but would make it sit a bit high. My solution would be to add a Safariland MS17 molle accessory mount. Then a Safariland holster with a MLS15 molle molle locking fork will attach to it, and sit just slightly lower and further out from your body. It will also allow you to swap in different holsters in just a few seconds.

That's how I mount a holster on my US Grunt Gear Infidel padded belt.

The little brown plastic things are some extra MS 17's, you can see where it's mounted to the belt to the molle and you can see the MLS15 attachment on the back of the holster.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bikemike555; 09-15-18 at 09:08.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12