Thread: Still hanging with my Eotech 552

Feedback Score

Still hanging with my Eotech 552

New member here, 1st post. I have been reading about the problems with the Eotechs. Just wondering if the new(er) 552 is any less prone to the thermal drift or the delamination. I am with the local S.O., and a member of the SRT team. I have a personal Eotech 552 on my patrol rifle, and thus far have not had a single problem. I faithfully change the batteries (Lithium AA), every 6 months (usually on Jan 1st and July 1st, just to keep it simple). I haven't even had a problem with battery consumption. Here in southern La., the temps in the trunk of my unit get pretty warm, and I was concerned about the thermal drift problem when I first heard about it. What I started doing was when I deployed the rifle, I would flip up the BUIS, and make sure the dot was still co-witnessed. It never seemed to be off. It is the older model 552 manuf date 2009. I like it better than the Aimpoint PRO that a couple operators on the team have. Just trying to find out if the problems (Thermal drift, and Delamination) was corrected, and if you guys are considering going back to them if you ditched them during the buy-back. Thanks.....

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Welcome to M4C. Check out this thread. It’s exactly what your asking for with recent discussion.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ill-a-no-go-or
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Thanks- Lots of pages to read, but looks like a ton of information. I'm heading back to start reading it.