Long story short , old and bad eyes for close vision , so I put a Trijicon RMR , 3 moa on my PPQ . Had BUIS also installed . I understood from the beginning that there would be a learning curve , just didn`t figure it would be this frustrating . Acquiring the dot from low ready or from concealed carry draw is no problem, but I can`t break the habit of trying to focus on the dot instead of the target .... especially annoying as I then try to stop the dot from moving which makes me slower on the first shot and then screws everything else up . So far , I have about 200 rounds with the RMR , which is probably nowhere enough time with it yet .

Any suggestions on adapting to this RMR ? I can shoot much better groups with the "traditional" sights than I can with the RMR ... but am much faster on the falling plate rack with the RMR . Really frustrated myself yesterday when I took a new CZ P01 for break in and shot better with it ( except for the plate rack ) than I did with my PPQ with the RMR . Wondering if taking the BUIS off the gun and relying solely on the RMR would be of any benefit.

Anyone else have this problem adapting or am I just weird ?