Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SIG SP2022

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    According to my local gunshop when they called SIG USA a couple of weeks ago, the SP2022 is now made in the US for the US market. That must be a recent change as most SP2022 I've looked at had Made in Germany on them.
    I'd like a German made 9mm SP2022, but I have zero interest in a US made one.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The grip is too big for my taste and as noted, there is little aftermarket support.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The SP doesn’t really need aftermarket. Really. Grip texture is perfect. The two grips fit most hands, BUT if you have long orangutan fingers it likely isn’t for you. Grip angle is great and it fills up the hand enough to keep a good grip. Trigger needs nothing as had been stated unless you “need” P99 reset (1mm). Accuracy is awesome. Threaded barrels and suppressor sights are available. Holsters are available and with lights. Mags aren’t crazy expensive and you can buy two for the price of one m11. And yes, it is lighter than the m11, and NO thicker than a Walter p99.

Don’t need no aftermarket. SP2022. Hooah.
    Last edited by m4brian; 07-11-18 at 20:51.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    The SP doesn’t really need aftermarket. Really. Grip texture is perfect. The two grips fit most hands, BUT if you have long orangutan fingers it likely isn’t for you. Grip angle is great and it fills up the hand enough to keep a good grip. Trigger needs nothing as had been stated unless you “need” P99 reset (1mm). Accuracy is awesome. Threaded barrels and suppressor sights are available. Holsters are available and with lights. Mags aren’t crazy expensive and you can buy two for the price of one m11. And yes, it is lighter than the m11, and NO thicker than a Walter p99.

Don’t need no aftermarket. SP2022. Hooah.
    Texture. Slightly slippery.

Angle. Awkward, no palm swell. Reminds me of the straight up/down, thin grips of 3rd gen S&W.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Palm swell seems to be an individual preference. A classic example would be the M1911 vs M1911A1 grip. I think as many people prefer one as the other.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The 1911 is such a minute difference I don't notice it. But something like a standard Glock vs one with melted and straight grips....yea.. definitely awkward

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I should chime in since I have extensive experience with both Glocks and SIGs. To answer the OPs question I would take an SP2022 over any Glock. The SP2022 has proven to be noticeably more accurate than any Glock I've fired and in my case more reliable. The build quality/design also appears much more rugged on the SIG than the Glock, the Glock frame and its internals look like a toy.

It really comes down to if you're a DA/SA type of person or if you prefer striker fired. I prefer hammer fired and I was already a SIG fanboy already before owning Glocks or the SP2022. My other SIGs are West German made P226s and P228s with enhanced SRT triggers so I thought I was spoiled on DA/SA triggers but the SP2022 has an even better trigger out of the box if you can believe it. It can use existing SIG sights so that's a plus. Holsters are around and mags have gone on sale direct from SIG for $8.99. So it's a totally viable gun in this day and age, and one of my favorites.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I spent some time with one. It worked, but it wasn't for me. I didn't love the grip. If I wanted a polymer da/sa I would probably get a p07. That being said, I sold my p07 for another Glock so I guess that shows my true colors.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Pistoleros post is excellent and gives a real indication of the quality of this gun.

I'll pile on. It was within recent memory that several 'majors' had problems in their pistol lines. For a while SIGs had a bad rep here, not entirely deserved, but it was there. With Glocks we had BTF,with various fixes. With S&W we had an accuracy problem. All this time, the SIGPRO humming along with no real QC problems. Just superbly reliable, and accurate as all getout. And... under the radar. Not as sexy as a alloy framed SIG, but every bit as good with no hiccups. The way a SIG should be.

Generations? Early 2009 with NO cutout at the slide stop. Then the version with a beveled cutout to make the SS easy to remove. Then came the SP 2022 German with no external extractor and the SIG accessory rail, and even larger SS cutout THEN, the final version we have today with a full pic rail, and external short extractor. SOME of these have the slide with internal extractor from time to time.

Vice the P07: It is only one ounce heavier - not two (SIG cannot seem to weigh their guns). The trigger is SOOOOO much better OTB. The CZ, after polishing and 1000 rounds AND the CGW springs, it will feel close. I did get a P09 that was absolutely smooth -but that is a rarity. DA travel might be a tad less on the CZ. The grip of the P07 is thinner and for many, might feel better, but the texturing is sub-optimal. SP 2022 is as good as it gets. The SP 2022 and P07 both shoot well at speed, but the P07 feels a little more snappy. SIG sight availability is better.
    Last edited by m4brian; 07-12-18 at 13:09.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    To atone for your sin you must post pics.
    As requested. From my understanding, the 2022 has been sold in different configurations over the years. Some have apparently shipped with the grip module but only one mag. This particular one has no grip module but two mags. Also has the holster.

Last edited by Slater; 07-20-18 at 20:28.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast